The Legend of Eric Guneagle

Do you like the Legend of Eric Guneagle?

• Yes

Votes: 31 96.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
Sorry I'm taking so long.. Working on 2 stories at once is very hard. More chapters will be coming as soon as I can get to it. Stay tuned!

Chapter 6 Caught

It was windy. Waves were crashing against the hull of the ship. Thunder clapped and lightning flashed in the distance. I was holding onto the rail with a tight grip. I held on with my life. The wind was so strong it blew one man off the ship. My heart was pounding in my chest. I was shivering. I could hardly hold on. It was over. I was losing my grip. All of a sudden, I lost my entire grip. I flew off the side of the ship and landed into the freezing water. The waves were too big and strong and I could not fight it. Eventually, the harsh weather won. I submerged into the water. Everything went black.

I woke up. My head was pounding. I was relieved to find myself on my warm, comfortable bed. I sat up and thought about the dream. Adrennaline pumped through my body. I jumped from my bed. As I got my clothes on, I thought about the dream some more. What did it mean? Was it a psychic dream? I tried to shake the horrid thought from my mind. I walked onto the deck of the ship. It was a sunny day. Not a cloud in the sky. I saw Captain Jones. We waved to each other.
"Hello, Captain."
"Ahoy, Eric!"
"How's ev-"
"East India Trading Company ships from the starboard side, captain!" The lookout shouted.
The captain climbed up the ladder and onto the lookout on the mast. The captain took the telescope and began scanning the horizon.
"Aye. There be a fleet. Four Tyrants and one Leviathan. It's too much for us to take alone. Our only chances rest on a parlay." The captain clarified.
"Parlay, sir?" One of the crewmates asked.
"Aye. It be our only hope. Cease the sails!!!" The captain shouted. The ship became motionless, except for the small waves rocking the boat back and forth in a gentle motion. Nonetheless, the gentle rocking was still not enough to calm the situation. I didn't know what would happen to us. Parlay is very risky.
"I don't understand. Why would a whole fleet be looking for us? Fleets are usually only used for important expeditions.." I said.
"Did I mention that we're one of the top ten most wanted by the East India Trading Company?" A crewmate said.
"What!" I yelled. It was too late. The Leviathan pulled up right next to us. We were side by side. The Tyrants surrounded us so we could not try to escape. We were close enough for the captain of the leviathan to jump down onto the deck of our ship, along with two bodyguards, clutching knives in their hands. The captain came down from the ladder to confront the EITC captain. Six more bodyguards jumped down, carrying pistols.
"Good evening. Are you the captain of this ship?" The EITC captain asked.
"I am."
"You are in multiple violations of the law. You have plundered, raided, and killed many of our men. I'm afraid we're going to have to take you and your pitiful crew into custody."
"Perhaps we could set up a parlay. How much do we owe to the EITC?
"842,069 gold." He replied.
"What?! That's preposterous! No man could afford that! Not even the wealthy!" The captain argued.
"I'm afraid there is nothing I can do for you. You cast this on yourselves. Perhaps you should have thought about this before you raided and stole from us. I five-year old could have figured that out. No man shall fight the East India Trading Company and walk away in one piece. It's as simple as that. As I said before. Next time, think before you act. Not that there will be a next time. If you cannot pay the price, perhaps you can pay the time. Take them into custody." The EITC captain said.
His henchmen grabbed us. The EITC captain whistled a bird call. I figured it must have been a signal. Remaining men on the ship threw down four ladders. They carried us up. The henchmen led us down below deck. There were many halls. Rats scurried across the floor. The captain was following behind. They opened a door. In there was a room with one big cell. The captain grabbed a key from his pocket and unlocked the cell door. The henchmen threw us into the cell. We landed with a thud. Pain shot through my body. He then locked the door. One of the crewmates went berserk and tried to break down the bars.
"Good luck with that, scum. These are titanium bars. Practically indestructable. Enjoy your stay!" The EITC captain laughed. They all cleared out.
"We're doomed." I thought to myself.

Chapter 7 Aboard the Leviathan

"I can't believe this. We're trapped here forever. What did you guys do to make the EITC so mad?!" I said.
"We blew up a lot of their ships... stole their supplies.." A crewmate said.
"Yeah. Don't you just hate it in here?" A mysterious voice said.
"Who said that?" Captain Jones asked.
"That would be me." A man in the corner said. I never even noticed him. He wore tattered clothing and had bruises all over him. He was just sitting in a lone corner.
"Who are you?" I asked the man.
"Can't reveal my true name.. just call me Recks for now." He replied.
"Alright. Any reason why you can't tell us your name?" I asked.
"Yes. How do we know you're on our side?" Captain Jones questioned him. There was now a huge interrogation going on.
"If I were on their side, why would I be in a heavily guarded dungeon below deck of a massive royal EITC ship?" He said.
"Don't know. To spy on us maybe?" I told him off.
"Look, do you want to get out of here or not?"
"Of course we do!" One of the crewmates said.
"Then listen. You have to do everything I say." He told us.
"Alright. If you knew how to get out all this time, why didn't you?" Captain Jones asked.
"Been waiting for the right time. Now seems like the perfect time. Watch and learn." He punched a hole through the wall. It was already a very worn out wall. Inside was a little tunnel. He tore away at some rubble. There was enough room for us to fit inside. At the entrance of the tunnel was a note. I went over and picked up the little paper.

"If you have found this note, then you have found the way out of here. Simply follow the tunnel until it's end.

"It's really that simple?" I asked.
"Aye. Follow me." He said.
We followed him through the tunnel. Rats scurried through the tunnel, but we tried to ignore them. They never really bothered us. At the end of the tunnel were steel bars. I tried to break open the bars, but it wouldn't work. I looked at the rest of the note. I only read the beginning of it.

At the first crossroads of the tunnel, there will be a right path and a left path. By the time you have found this note, the way out will be patched. Take the left path and pick up the screwdriver. Then go back and take the right path. You will figure out what to do with the screwdriver. Once the screwdriver business is done, break open the wall. Your force should be strong enough to destroy it. Godspeed."

"Alright. The note says to take a left at the intersection, not a right." I said. They nodded.
We backtracked to the crossroad and went left. We picked up a rusty screwdriver on the ground. We went back to the right path.
"We should be able to use the screwdriver to open the bars." I said. I saw four bolts patched in. I tried getting them out with the screwdriver, but it wouldn't work.
"The screwdriver is too rusty to work." Recks told us. "It seems all hope is lost."
"There has to be some way to use this.." I said. I tried to claw away at the rust, but it wouldn't come off. "Wait a minute. We could use oil to fix the rust!" I exclaimed.
"How will oil help our situation?" Recks asked.
"Simple. There is an oil leak at the intersection. If you keep going forward, oil slowly drips out a small hole." I told them.
We all went to the intersection. Turns out I was right. We dipped the screwdriver under the oil leak. The rust slowly started to ease.
"It worked!" I shouted. We backtracked tot he right path. I tried to get the first bolt out. It worked! Then I did the second, the third, and the fourth. I then pulled the bars out and placed them to the side. We all cheered.
"Good job, Eric! How did you know oil would help?" Captain Jones asked me.
"Simple. My father used to work on things around the house. When things got rusted, he would just apply oil to the rust." I told them.
"Great thinking!" A crewmate told me.
They all congratulated me. I felt like a hero. I then smashed the wall with my fist. It came clean off.
"Just in case they find we're gone, we should not let them by. Think you can put the bars back in?" Recks said.
"Sure. Why not?" I applied the bars back. I screwed in the bolts. It was firm.
"Let's keep moving. Time is precious at the moment." Captain Jones said.
"I'll keep the screwdriver just in case we need it again." I said.
"Good thinking." Recks told me.
We crawled through the tunnel. We took a right and came to another wall. I put my fist through it. It opened. I looked outside. We were outside the bars we were in! I was facing the bars. We were in the same room as the dungeon, only we weren't inside.
"We're free!" I shouted happily.
"Not yet. This place is heavily guarded." Recks told us.
"Do you have any idea how to get out from here." I asked him.
"Sure do. There are lifeboats on both sides of the Leviathan. I saw them as I was taken in. We have to somehow cut the line and jump into the life boat."
"That shouldn't be too hard." I said.
"That's not even the hardest part. The guards are everywhere. We need to somehow find the place where our weapons have been taken for safe keeping. My throwing knives should be there. We will need to get a clear shot and throw a knife at the rope from there. Then we will jump onto the life boats. This is the hard part, though. We have to row away without being caught. If we're caught, they will fire at us. We will have to row as fast as we can." He explained.
"Alright. I'm in. A life without fresh air isn't a life worth living in." I said.
"Agreed. Let's move out." Captain Jones said.
We opened the door cautiously. We went left and opened the door. We found a room full of weapons.
"There's my throwing knives!" Recks exclaimed.
"My pistol and cutlass!" Captain Jones exclaimed.
I picked up my cutlass, dagger, and pistol. When everyone had their weapons, it was go time. We went back to the previous room and went up to another door. In this room, I saw a guard guarding stairs.
"Shoot. A guard." Recks said. "We need to sneak up on him somehow. Leave it to me. Eric, come with me." He motioned a finger at me. He whispered the plan to me.
"Alright, here's what we do. I'll sneak up on him and cover his mouth so he can't alert any guards. Then you quickly stab him with your knife. You will then strip the body of the clothes and put them on. You can then walk in plain sight. You will go over to the row boats and cut the line. Motion for us to come over and we will sneak on. Got it?"
"I have to strip him of his clothes?" I said in disgust.
"Do you want to get out of here or not? You don't have to take off his undergarments. Just his pants, shoes, shirt, coat, and hat. Do you understand?"
"Alright. You guys stay put for a second. Stay here until I give the signal." I ordered them. I nodded at Recks and he quietly tip toed up to him. He was looking the other way. He quickly took his weapon and covered his mouth. I went up to him and stabbed him in the back. He yelled, but nobody heard. He fell to the ground. I took his clothes and got changed.
"Good. You look just like one of those scum. Now hurry." Recks told me. Recks hid the body.
I opened the hatch and climbed outside. One of them looked at me but said nothing. I devised a plan in my head. The EITC captain walked over to me.
"What are you doing leaving your post, Reginald?" The Captain eyed me.
"Sir, the prisoners have escaped! I tried to stop them, but they got the best of me! I feel ashamed." I told him.
"What?!?! Round all of the soldiers up and tell them to meet me at this exact spot immediately!" He yelled.
"Yes, sir!" I saluted him and ran off. I rounded them all up. Everyone circled around the captain. Recks and the crew hid under the stairs, out of sight. I stood in the far back of the soldiers.
"I have gathered you all here because of a tragedy. Our prisoners have escaped the Leviathan! Sir Reginald, please lead us to where they escaped." He asked me. I led the soldiers to the hole. The captain unlocked the cell door.
"They escaped here, sir. Through this tunnel I presume."
"Oh, dear. Everyone, in the tunnel! I want to see where it has lead them." The captain told us.
All of the soldiers entered the tunnel except me. I sneaked away.
"Good job, Eric!" Recks told me. I head them talking inside the tunnel. We all ran up to the lifeboats. I cut the line. We then looked around to see if there were any guards. No guards. We jumped onto the lifeboat. We then lowered it and cut the last line. We then paddled as fast as we could. We all cheered. About a minute later, something stopped the excitement. A cannonball flew toward us.
"They are attacking! They have the anchor set, so they cannot move. Try not to get hit!" Captain Jones shouted.
More and more cannonballs flew at us. The tyrants were still guarding the ship. The leviathan was not shooting, so I figured they were still busy inside the tunnel. We still had to deal with the four Tyrants though. A ship of pirates came to the rescue. It was a war frigate. It shot at the Tryants. The three other tryants were busy shooting at us, but the fourth drew it's attention to the ship. Eventually, the others followed.
"Thank goodness for that ship." I said. I watched as the ship sunk one of the Tyrants. Then he sunk another. The ship tried to take on the third, but it destroyed the ship. I looked down.
"We are too far out of sight to get shot at. We have escaped. The tyrants cannot go anywhere without the Leviathan's permission. We are safe." Recks told us. We cheered with glee.
"Thank you for saving us, Recks." I said to him.
"Please, call me by my real name. Hector Wargull." He smiled.
"Set a course for Tortuga. It is the current stronghold of the pirates." Captain Jones instructed.
"Aye!" We all shouted together.

When we reached Tortuga, pirates everywhere drew their swords at me. I didn't take off the EITC outfit.
"Cease your blades. This is no soldier. We have all just escaped from the Leviathan dungeons." Captain Jones told them. A couple listened. A couple kept their swords drawn.
"Come on. We just went through a lot of stuff. This is the warm welcome we get? Haha." I said. I smiled. The rest of them ceased their blades. We left and found an abandoned shack we could stay at for the time being. It had many crates, straw, and sacks of cotton inside of it. There was also one broken down bed that would not support us. We figured it would beat the wooden floor of a ship dungeon. I eagerly jumped onto some straw. I closed my eyes. The horror was over. At least for now.

Wow im LOVING the story keep it going! And I also liked how you included someone else who also posts here because it added a quality to the story.

~ATTENTION MY LOVING FANS THAT THINK I'M THE BEST EVER~

If you would like to be included in "The Legend of Eric Guneagle", send me a PM. I might be able to include you. No promises of course, but there's a good chance! :)

This also applies for my regular fans who don't think I'm the best ever too -_-

Chapter 8 Taking Back From The Empire

I woke up from a horrible sleep. My eyes felt like they were being weighed down by bricks. After the event yesterday, I felt restless. Sure, I was happy that I escaped the Leviathan. It was just all of the recent events left me discouraged. I didn't know what time it was, but it must've been the afternoon. It was bright and sunny outside. I looked up from my bed. I saw the whole crew, including Hector, circled around a table. They were all sitting down on stacks of worn-out crates to use as chairs. Captain Jones looked at me.
"So, you're finally awake." Captain Jones said.
"Sorry, sir. What's the occasion here?" I asked him, still half-awake. Captain Jones opened his mouth and was about to let words come out, but Hector cut him off.
"Due to what happened last night, we have decided to get back at the empire."
"And how do we do that?" I asked.
"Simple. Easy as one, two, three. We are going to sail to Kingshead and try to take it down. Kingshead is the stronghold of the Navy and East India Trading Company. There may be ships guarding the island, but we can take them." The captain explained to me. "Now that you're awake, we can assign positions. Everyone except Eric and Hector, you will follow me into the fortress. Eric and Hector, you will have to look out our position. If you hear trouble, run in. Got it?"
"Yes sir!" Everyone shouted simultaneously.
"We leave at dusk."

It was approximately six o'clock. We all grabbed our weapons and headed for the docks. We then boarded our War Frigate. The captain ran up to the wheel. We were ready to set sail.
"Hector, hoist the sails! Everyone else, get situated at a cannon!" Captain Jones yelled.
We hadn't left port yet. A couple people looked up at us. Hector ran over to the sails. He pulled a rope and the sails raised. He then heaved and lifted the heavy anchor onto the deck and hoisted it up onto the anchor post.
"All set, captain!" Hector yelled.
"Then off we go!"

The ship began to move. I began to daydream. I thought of myself captaining a War Brig. I was alone on the ship. The wind was blowing in my face. The waves rocked the boat majestically. I was at peace with myself. For some reason, no ships attacked me. They just let me sail on by, as if I was one of them. Seagulls flew in flocks overhead. It was peaceful. That thought bubble quickly went away when I heard the captain shout there was a Man O' War on the starboard side. I was on the left side cannon, so I quickly ran to the other side. We were right next to Kingshead, but this massive ship was ready to guard Kingshead with its life. It quickly shot firebrand at us. We kept firing round shots at the ship. We hit it so much that the side of the navy ship caught on fire. It tried to turn around to show its undamaged side, but it was too late. We sunk it before it was halfway there. We all cheered.
"Kingshead be right there. We should set anchor and get on the dock." Captain Jones said.
Hector quickly ran over to the anchor and threw it into the water. Then he lowered the sails. We jumped off the boat and swam to the dock. We climbed onto the dock. I tried to wring out my clothes to drain some of the water.
"We have arrived." Captain Jones said to all of us. We all looked at each other nervously.
"So, this is it. This is the day we finally take back from the Empire. For all the dastardly deeds they have done. For all the lives they have taken. For all of the pirates that have suffered. And for allt he times they got away from it." I said. I looked down at the ground.
"We mustn't waste any time. It will turn dark soon. Be thankful it's Summer. Hector and Eric, stay on the docks, but listen for any bad signals."
"Aye aye!" Me and Hector exclaimed.
"Everyone else, follow me!" Captain Jones and the crew ran inside. We watched them until we couldn't see them anymore. Then me and Hector were left alone.

"So.. what do you prefer to be called? Hector or Recks?" I asked him.
"Recks would be better. I like the name." He told me.
"Okay, Recks. So what should we do now?" Recks was silent for a moment. He closed his eyes slowly . Then opened them fast.
"Why don't I tell you a story. My dad was captured by the Navy and put inside a jail here a long time ago. He was sentenced to execution for treason against Lord Cutler Beckett. He readied an insurgence against the East India Trading Company. To this exact location. They were caught, though. He was a great man, as well. He taught me everything I know."
"That's really sad. He sounds like a good man." I told him.
"He was." He muttered. "And he gave me a special task before he left."
"And what was that?" I asked him.
"To avenge him if he died. Now is the perfect chance to fulfill his wishes. I must kill someone strong to redeem our family name." He told me.
"Come on, don't kill anyone unless you have to." I told him.
"Silence! All is stripped from me! Only my blade and my father's name remains mine! My soul, my honor, my wish! The Avenger will avenge my father!!!" He snapped.
I remembered that he called his sword The Avenger. He reached for the sheathe attached to his back and pulled his sword out. His sword looks like it was crafted by a master, which it probably was. He then pointed the sword at me.

Back