STARZ's - "Black Sails"

Will ye watch or, we ye not?

• Total voters
S

Shamus The Brute

On January 24th/25th, 2015, the premium cable network - STARZ - will be showcasing season 2 of the mini-series, "Black Sails." :flag1:

~ Do ye have what it takes to watch as pirate? :xbones:

:flag:

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be watching it as I did last season and I enjoyed it, but for a warning to everybody the show does have an uneeded amount of nudity and language.

I will be watching it as I did last season and I enjoyed it, but for a warning to everybody the show does have an uneeded amount of nudity and language.
There was another "Black Sails" (The Bloody Truths) video I wanted to include above but, because of the language, it wouldn't have been appropriate for this forums.

One thing is for sure, since the fictional series does take place in Nassau my pirate character would be right at "home" (considering Nassau is Shamus' locale). :daggermouth:

Watched my first "Black Sails" episode last night, on account of a free preview for Starz channel available on Direct TV. *Gotta say, I don't think I heard so many F-Bombs:pirate1: coming from the mouths of pirates since last time I watched a few videos on YouTube pertaining to (a few) ex-POTCO players.

- The series definitely does away with most of the glamour and romanticism surrounding the notion of piracy and I wouldn't recommend this show for those younger than 18 years of age (due to the amount of language/graphic violence I did take notice of, last night).

The underlying plot though to "Black Sails" is interesting :flag: from just this one episode that I had watched.

Watched my first "Black Sails" episode last night, on account of a free preview for Starz channel available on Direct TV. *Gotta say, I don't think I heard so many F-Bombs:pirate1: coming from the mouths of pirates since last time I watched a few videos on YouTube pertaining to (a few) ex-POTCO players.

- The series definitely does away with most of the glamour and romanticism surrounding the notion of piracy and I wouldn't recommend this show for those younger than 18 years of age (due to the amount of language/graphic violence I did take notice of, last night).

The underlying plot though to "Black Sails" is interesting :flag: from just this one episode that I had watched.

Its interesting but yes its uh... Graphic. Lets not forget the no clothingness. (Though I think that's later episodes :confused:) Black Sails is like a pirate Game of Thrones for me.

Its interesting but yes its uh... Graphic. Lets not forget the no clothingness. (Though I think that's later episodes :confused:) Black Sails is like a pirate Game of Thrones for me.
I spent the majority of yesterday watching various episodes (at least 4 or 5 different ones) as Starz had a day-long (marathon) showing of "Black Sails." Today, I didn't notice until a few hours earlier but they've also been showing a few of these same episodes.

Before I had the opportunity to watch these episodes, I had forgotten that piracy - in real - was quite violent/barbaric. *SO...I guess if you're the type of person in real whom wouldn't mind that kind of reality for yourself (thinking in terms of today's current 'gangs' and such) then piracy is fit for you. :parrot:

One thing I would like to say though about the actress whom plays
Anne Bonny, she fits exactly the "look" of the part that I had imagined and while although her character within the show does show herself having some major issues... as a viewer I sympathize with her in a way which makes me root for both herself and her cause.
:flag1:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have followed this show from the start. I truly love that it is actually rather accurate in the portrayal of piracy. The violence and nudity add to the flare of the age, no sensory of what makes pirates pirates. After watching the finale of season 2, my love of this show has only become more verified. I cannot wait for season 3.

Black sails 3.jpg
Awesome Show ,,, Kudos to those that made it ,, and i hope Flint tears it apart next year !!!! i got cable for the second season,,,, and my gaming is SOOO much faster than with at&t .. never going back to A T & T ....

Like the POTCO world we were all so used to, much politics and behind-the-scenes decisions arrrr made towards the heightening of the plot within the "Black Sails" series episodes.

:flag:

Black Sails is the absolute best series imo, at least the best pirate themed series.
I don't know of any other pirates series, if you know of any would ye please tell me of them?
:pirate ship:

Last edited:
Back