Star Wars: The Old Republic (EA MMO)

Can you take a screenshot? I'll message customer service for you.

The Free to Play system is WAY better than in potco. The real reason people need to subscribe is to have access to end-game content. I easily made it to 45 as a free player - you should really check it out! :p
Heres the screen shot

Attachments

• 130928-223202.jpg
    130928-223202.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 134
Last edited by a moderator:
Heres the screen shot
Try repairing your launcher...

Open it up and press the cog in the bottom left corner
repair1.JPG

Then see if you can click on repair and it will try to repair your installation. That should fix it - if not I'll look into it some more :p
repair2.JPG

Davy Redbones
Well, I sent my bug report in and got a default message saying they don't monitor bug reports. Great...

Then I sent another message to customer service, here is the response:
Greetings,

I am Protocol Droid M0-T0, Human-Cyborg Relations.

We are sorry to hear of the technical problem you have encountered with Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

First of all, please allow us to direct your attention to our Customer Service forums where you may be able to find help or advice from players with similar technical issues as yourself.
Our Customer Service forums can be found here: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11
Please note that you can only search the forums by keyword after logging in.

We can also recommend the following Help Center resources:

If you are having problems patching or launching the game, please visit our Launcher Troubleshooting Guide at http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/5260 and follow the steps outlined in the guide. The majority of patching and stability issues can be resolved using this resource.

If you’re having problems with graphics in the game, please make sure that Windows, your Direct X installation and your graphics card drivers are all up to date. Restart your system to apply updates if you need to, and then check this article for information which may help to improve your framerate: http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/4584

If your computer is crashing or freezing when running the game, there may be a problem with the memory or the hard drive in your system. To check these, please follow the instructions laid out here: http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/5259

If you are experiencing any other technical issue, please visit our regularly updated, Top 10 Issues and Solutions thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=498597

We’re continually working to improve the performance of Star Wars: The Old Republic across a broad range of hardware, and while we cannot give you a specific date for when performance is likely to improve on your specific system, we’d like to assure you that our developers are working to diagnose and patch memory issues that lead to freezing and crashes.

Once again, our thanks for bearing with us as we work on further optimizations, and our apologies for any performance issues that may have inconvenienced you.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us again if you have any further questions or concerns.

Galactic Support is our Specialty…

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid M0-T0 (aka Mark).
I'm not really sure what to do at this point, maybe try reinstalling the game?

Hi, I am not proficient enough to trouble shoot your issue. I will say that this game is far more robust in both graphic and game content than our beloved POTC. The wealth of activities and controls is almost overwhelming in the beginning but the learning curve does peak and then the fun begins. Updates to content is frequent and the activity at max lvl is ongoing. The game stability seems much better than that of POTC as I have yet to experience a disconnect, but I do see it happen to others. Probably more a byproduct of the internet supplier than the game itself. Lag is infrequent but in very high player areas I do have traces. As much as I am enjoying this game, I can now see better what might have been with POTC. The only thing I really wish that SWTOR had was a better ability to get to other players in a quicker manner to let you group with friends easier. Otherwise a great game overall and loads of fun

I made two accounts, one for an Imperial Agent and one for a Republic Trooper. I'd be a Sith or Jedi, but then again everyone is.

I require help in the quest "The Secret of Tulak Hord". My SWTOR name is "Sithlordgas" for those of you who would like to help me. Thank you! ;)

I made two accounts, one for an Imperial Agent and one for a Republic Trooper. I'd be a Sith or Jedi, but then again everyone is.

Two accounts aren't required. There are multiple character slots for one account, and you're able to purchase more to create more characters within the game.

I require help in the quest "The Secret of Tulak Hord". My SWTOR name is "Sithlordgas" for those of you who would like to help me. Thank you! ;)
This might help:

Try to be around level 7 to do the quest (to get there you can do other missions picked up around the sith academy on korriban) and make sure you heal up after every enemy. Your healing up ability is called seethe.

This might help:

Try to be around level 7 to do the quest (to get there you can do other missions picked up around the sith academy on korriban) and make sure you heal up after every enemy. Your healing up ability is called seethe.

A Step by Step Guide of Completing Said Quest:

#1: First, ensure you are at least level 7 to do this quest, or you may have problems getting past the mobs, levels can be earned by completing other quests, or by defeating the Elite (Guy with the Gold Nametag) in the middle of the Circle.
#2: Speak to Overseer Harkun
#3: Collect the Antechamber Tablet (Use Your Map "M" Button, Marked by a Green Triangle)
#4: Collect the Machine Vault Tablet (Use Your Map "M" Button, Marked by a Green Triangle)
#5: Collect the Archives Tablet (Use Your Map "M" Button, Marked by a Green Triangle)
#6: Return to Overseer Harkun (Where you started the Quest)

A Few Helpful Tips:
- Don't forget to pick up your sidequests along the way, several can be found around the Academy ("The Blood Legacy" and "Purity", as well as several others) Others can be found inside the Tomb ("[HEROIC 2+] The Hate Machine" Get two people for this)
- Remember to use your healing ability after each fight if you are injured, and keep your class buff applied at all times (Should be "Mark of Power" for an Inquisitor, or "Unnatural Might" for a Warrior)
- XP Boosts will always help you gain experience, especially if you are a F2P Player, always stack up on them if you are not max level, and use them to even the XP imbalance.
- Finally, just like in POTCO, YOU AREN'T SUPERMAN! Don't pull more than you can chew, or you will end out with an expensive repair bill.

I wish you good luck in your upcoming adventures, if you need more help with quests, just post here and I'm sure someone will be happy to assist you.

Back