Ocean (Server) Maintenance (03/25/13)

DIMG/Disney seems to refuse to believe that POTCO is failing which is quite sad cause if they would just wake up for a couple of seconds. i'm sure the game would at least see SOME improvement instead of a removal of servers which was brought in at a completely wrong time and was so poorly thought out that you could almost tell they did it because they're slowly closing down.

I killed one enemy with Molly yesterday. Then I looked at the leadboards, and compared guild individual stats. Her rank for the day was 4565.
Well then it's scary to say only 4500 people played yesterday D:
That may not be accurate. For one, some players may have killed 0 enemies so they didn't show up on the leaderboards (Abassa Tortugans, for example). Second, everyone else who killed one enemy yesterday would be tied at #4565. Unless you work for POTCO, it's impossible to determine exactly how many people played on any given day.

That may not be accurate. For one, some players may have killed 0 enemies so they didn't show up on the leaderboards (Abassa Tortugans, for example). Second, everyone else who killed one enemy yesterday would be tied at #4565. Unless you work for POTCO, it's impossible to determine exactly how many people played on any given day.
I never claimed to have said that there were 4565. I said there were at least that many on line yesterday.

If 4565 were all that played and they all killed one enemy, you'd all be ranked first.
That to say - ties count as one
There were actually 159 that tied at 1 enemy each for a rank of 4565. Please keep in mind that I used the term 'at least', meaning there was more, but 'at least' there were 4565 that I knew of.

Lol they accepted my comment. I hope they know it was really just sarcasm...

lol potco.png

Normally I would not "comment" further (as much as I have) on one specifc topic of discussion. However...(lol)...:rolleyes:

Yeah, I just now took another peek at the comments on the Grog and there remains yet other comments made to the discussion with a response back from GM Roberta Roberts to a player reaffirming that a person's computer specifications remain a determining factor to his/her POTCO "lag.'
:facepalm:
Wow! Now, I assume LEO has not seen this comment yet as I am sure he would give them a piece of his mind concerning this particular subject matter.

*In essence, they are still blaming some of the LAG on player's computer systems themselves as, from what I understand (and have read), it makes very little difference how "powerful" a computer specs are; POTCO lag is still inevitable.

I do not play POTCO anymore.. so my post is probably irrelavent.

Although, considering it from a game development stage. POTCO is an MMO. It is not meant for you to have your own little quiet oasis in the middle of nowhere. SWTOR had almost 100 servers at launch, they shortened it to about.. 10? They're using mega server technology. If disney has used this new server base? They would never tell you. I do believe that Disney's communication with the players in this game is really far from acceptable. They should be keeping all sorts of feedback and truely keeping the standards of Disney Customer service. The mouse has always been secretive though. On everything. Another thing I would like to point out. You are paying a mere 10$ a month. That is hardly anything compared to other MMOs. My SWTOR bill is 15$ a month. If I want to have cool gear, add-ons, be able to compete against other players gear wise and outfit wise. Its extra money. POTCO doesn't do that. When you pay the small fee of 10$ a month, you get access to everything. SWTOR you have to pay for the monthly fee, the updates, the extra cool gear that you want. The extra security key. As a guildmaster in SWTOR I have to be a paying member or my ENTIRE guild is punished. We lose alot of stuff if I am free to play. So, your not paying an extreme ammount of money for this low quality game. In a way, you get what you pay for.

I do believe that Disney's communication with the players in this game is really far from acceptable. They should be keeping all sorts of feedback and truely keeping the standards of Disney Customer service. The mouse has always been secretive though. On everything... We lose alot of stuff if I am free to play. So, your not paying an extreme ammount of money for this low quality game. In a way, you get what you pay for.
As players, if our voice would for once be heard, I believe MANY of us would pay "extra" for POTCO if we knew they would keep their word to either update, revive, preserve, or whatever towards POTCO. The problem I have is they know what we "want" and they know what we "like" and yet they do nothing of the sort to resolve this in a manner which would benefit everyone!

Perhaps POTCO should have been designed and marketed in such a way to retain the attention of ALL audiences (and not strictly 'younger' audiences). If this would have been so, perhaps many issues now experienced by us players would have been resolved. Yet, we all understand what they did to "Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the darned" yet that product was allowed to go to the waste-side as well.

I really don't understand the inner workings/thinking of the Mouse as they continually strive to do things with no rhyme or reason as to the demand they "do" have towards a specific gaming initiative (unless it it tagged as 'mobile' or 'social' gaming).

They seemed very narrow minded, in my opinion!

On a positive note - has anyone noticed higher quality loot since the server changes?

I'm still getting Skull Chests filled with pants & boots, but on the first night I got a Seven Seas Dagger - not bad!

Back