Ocean (Server) Maintenance (03/25/13)

Ok, I need to correct something I stated above. The update in April I was thinking of was Ship Customization that happened in April '12. But after looking through their Release Notes, I did find that there were several updates in '11 after they removed some of the servers. Maybe it was coincidence, maybe not. But I did want to clarify and correct myself.

This is one of the points I tried to push. This has happened before with new content following. It is the smallest amount of servers I ever remember being on live, but it isn't enough for me to lose hope yet. I encourage all pirates to hold on to their pride and faith until the final bell is rung. For many, this is April 1st, but honestly, I can't be certain of anything at this point besides that we're all at the edge of our seats.

It seems that they're blatantly ignoring game closure comments.

This is very concerning, as they aren't reassuring anything to the community. If there was indeed no danger, they would have nothing to lose, yes?
Your right. That's what got them into this situation with the community of POTCO members in the first place. Lack of communication with the players! None of these complaints would be happening if they just said, "Hey guys, we're in a rough time and we will try to be as forward with you as possible." We have been very loyal to them, they should also be loyal and upfront with their players.

I'm sure once summer arrives, all our 17 servers will be flooded and the regular players will be frustrated and play less.
Maybe I should try to post on grog blog and remind them of that...
That is a "very" good argument to make, in my opinion. :) *In addition, the best time for them to acquire renewal/new game subscriptions is during those available summer months, if the demand for POTCO were to peak. This decision could come back to haunt them, depending upon this demand.

It was a lot tougher today to find a place to loot alone. I was either taking from someone or someone was taking from me. I actually had a guy chase behind me (in Tormenta) for a little bit saying, "Don't kill my enemies. Leave them alone and you leave."
Looting just got a lot more complicated.
I have read in POTCO chat (and 'possibly' seen) a gesture Johnny Mak used to do quite a bit on the game. *I feel that this gesture is appropriate in consideration to this "chaser" (including it below):
(shakes head) :facepalm:
At least some negative comments were let through...
ikr? This really surprised me too!
Your right. That's what got them into this situation with the community of POTCO members in the first place. Lack of communication with the players! None of these complaints would be happening if they just said, "Hey guys, we're in a rough time and we will try to be as forward with you as possible." We have been very loyal to them, they should also be loyal and upfront with their players.
Perhaps a "lack" of communication on DIMG's part could also be related to the lack of communication within DIMG as a result of the division's two Presidents withholding information, or not even knowing themselves.

On the net, there is a site available which lists current/former employee "reviews" concerning their company background and experience. *For DIMG, I have read on more than one occasion that communication within DIMG (and also for The Walt Disney Co. in general) is not particularly the best amongst the higher ups and mid-managerial levels.

You are VERY right though. :iagree: DIMG/Disney needs a better PR approach than what they are currently exercising as we - POTCO players - should not be left in the dark concerning such matters (or quickly told moments 'beforehand').

Shamus' comment got in also. Mine made it in too, but I said nothing inflammatory. And no, Star's comments seemed to have been swept under the rug. I'm sure a LOT of comments were swept away.

http://piratesonline.go.com/#/news_blog/entry/ocean_server_maintenance#comments

I know this will sound bad, but I'm not one to really care about such things.

The positive remarks on the blog solidify Disney's decisions, IN DISNEY'S EYES. And I'm sure some of the "positive" comments did come from a FEW Potco old timers. However, I can't help but think that most of the positive comments came from either those who have not been around all that long or are too young to totally grasp the consequences of this most recent Disney decision.

Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but me thinks that most of the positive comments Disney received (and all published of course) were from those that really can't see what lies ahead. I don't claim to know what is coming, but I leave you with this:

If no huge update is forthcoming, then we just witnessed the first real shot across our bow. IMO, this was a warning. POTCO's demise is coming, and said demise is coming sooner rather than later.

Shamus' comment got in also. Mine made it in too, but I said nothing inflammatory. And no, Star's comments seemed to have been swept under the rug. I'm sure a LOT of comments were swept away.

http://piratesonline.go.com/#/news_blog/entry/ocean_server_maintenance#comments

I know this will sound bad, but I'm not one to really care about such things.

The positive remarks on the blog solidify Disney's decisions, IN DISNEY'S EYES. And I'm sure some of the "positive" comments did come from a FEW Potco old timers. However, I can't help but think that most of the positive comments came from either those who have not been around all that long or are too young to totally grasp the consequences of this most recent Disney decision.

Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but me thinks that most of the positive comments Disney received (and all published of course) were from those that really can't see what lies ahead. I don't claim to know what is coming, but I leave you with this:

If no huge update is forthcoming, then we just witnessed the first real shot across our bow. IMO, this was a warning. POTCO's demise is coming, and said demise is coming sooner rather than later.

Lol look at all the negative comments xD

P.S. I've got available 15 servers this morning too. HOWEVER:

There were 17 servers yesterday. Members of my guild counted them, as did I. Also a discussion at Darkheart yesterday afternoon with random others produced a count of 17 servers in total... yesterday.

Maybe a Disney slip?? I dunno.Yup, there are a lot of negative comments but ANY positive comments only go to solidify Disney's decision -- In Disney's eyes. And we KNOW they are going to publish everyone of those.

Last edited by a moderator:

There were 17 servers yesterday. Members of my guild counted them, as did I. Also a discussion at Darkheart yesterday afternoon with random others produced a count of 17 servers in total... yesterday.

Maybe a Disney slip?? I dunno.

I have seen 15 since they did this on Monday... Guess the mouse is playing with us...:piratemickey:

Maybe a Disney slip?? I dunno.Yup, there are a lot of negative comments but ANY positive comments only go to solidify Disney's decision -- In Disney's eyes. And we KNOW they are going to publish everyone of those.
I'm going to go try and submit another comment to them again and see if they accept mines but this time I will be sarcastic :arrrrr:

Last edited by a moderator:
There were at least 4565 pirates that played yesterday. Granted, not all at the same time... But, still that is a lot to be crammed on 15 servers...

My latest Grog Blog post... And most likely my last, as it only falls on deaf ears...

joke4.PNG

Back