Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire - Coming October 27th

This is the mega-post for the next big expansion to the game, Knights of the Fallen Empire, which was announced at E3 on June 15th. The expansion is coming October 27th and will be free for subscribers.

Prelude

The trailer released at E3 on June 15th revealed the Eternal Empire, a secret government located on the planet Zakuul. The organization is led by Valkorion, the "Eternal Emperor". The trailer follows Valkorion's two sons, Arcann and Thexen from birth to adulthood. Upon adulthood, they attack the greater galaxy, destroying both the Sith Empire and the Republic, putting the Eternal Empire into power.

Plot

Your character is frozen in carbonate, and awakens five years later to find that the war between the Sith Empire and the Republic is over. The Eternal Empire has already attacked both sides and destroyed both governments, leaving both Sith and Jedi in hiding. You become "The Outlander," a veteran of the Galactic War who has now become a fading legend rather than a hero. It is up to you to stop Valkorion.

Misc. Details

1. Level cap increased to 65.
  2. Players will be able to create level 60 characters from the get-go, only having access to the Fallen Empire storyline, and not previous storylines before it.
  3. A slew of new planets will be available, including the Eternal Empire's planet Zakuul.
  4. 5 new companion will be available. Confirmed companions include: Lana Beniko, a Sith who has helped the player take on Revan in the previous expansion; Koth Vortena, an exile of the Eternal Empire looking for revenge; HK-55, a new and improved version of the previous HK-51 assassin droid companion owned by Koth; and Senya, a mystery character. An extra sixth companion, Nico Okarr will be available to players who subscribe by July 31st.
  5. Players will be able to "betray" old and new companions.
  6. Class stories return, in a similar format to their appearances in Shadow of Revan.
  7. Knights of the Fallen Empire will take place episodically, with 11 chapters being released at launch, and new chapters being added monthly.
  8. Subscribe by October 9th for early access to the game, beginning October 20th.

7/19 Update: Insider Videos

Lady Insanity got insider access to Knights of the Fallen Empire. Here are some of her videos:

8/4 Update: Datamining Leak

SPOILERS!
TorCommunity has extracted Fallen Empire content from the Test Server files.
Watch at your own risk.

Also, a new trailer and gameplay footage will drop tomorrow, since SWTOR will be featured at GamesCom.
8/5 Update #1: GamesCom Trailer

8/5 Update #2: Leaks

A list of all the new companions in Fallen Empire has been leaked:

Darth Marr
Lana Beniko
Theron Shan
Koth Vortena
Senya Tirall
HK-55
Nico Okarr (Subscriber promotion only)
In addition, all previous companions unlocked in the game will return, in varying forms. When starting Fallen Empire, all companions are lost, but by Chapter 16 in the story, you will be able to regain them. The caveat is that not all of them will actually be included in the Fallen Empire storyline itself. Vette, Torian, Gault, Andronikos, Kira, Mako, Iresso, and Kaliyo are included in the story. All other companions will not be featured in the story, but can be "unlocked" at a terminal in-game.

Last edited:
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

That's pretty stinkin' huge to have 11 chapters in one expansion. I mean in previous expansions, we got one!

This is a pretty great looking expansion but I feel like the Revan one was just released a few months ago? I mean has it really been that long since I unsubbed from this game? but I'm still very excited to see what comes out of this new expansion! I'm just hoping they avoid making their usual PvP-breaking class changes that they did with every major expansion. Even though if I do come back it would definitely be just to play these new 11 chapters.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

That's pretty stinkin' huge to have 11 chapters in one expansion. I mean in previous expansions, we got one!

This is a pretty great looking expansion but I feel like the Revan one was just released a few months ago? I mean has it really been that long since I unsubbed from this game? but I'm still very excited to see what comes out of this new expansion! I'm just hoping they avoid making their usual PvP-breaking class changes that they did with every major expansion. Even though if I do come back it would definitely be just to play these new 11 chapters.

These chapters will be much smaller than the previous ones. Each of these will be probably the size of the Ziost arc that was recently released if not smaller.

CAN I GET A HELL YEAH?! Oh my goodness I am so excited for this, finally new major story content for TOR, instead of just side story stuff. Though the Shadow of Revan storyline was pretty boss, loved doing that with my Jedi Naline.

Nor do you get any of the credits you would usually have from leveling up from 1 - 60.

Also anyone else enjoying the new Yavin 4 SH? I really like the waterfalls and the super awesome "secret".

I'm going to play this game now any tips for a new player should i get a subscription or no?
It really depends on how you want to play the game.

http://www.swtor.com/free/features/ - Shows the differences between the different account types (Subscriber, Preferred and Free to Play). Generally speaking, Subscribing gives you various quality of life improvements (Such as unlimited Field Revives, the ability to reduce the cool down on Quick Travel and Emergency Fleet Pass to 0 seconds and increased experience gains, etc...) and a monthly cartel coin grant. Cartel Coins is a special in game currency that you typically buy with real money. You can use cartel coins to buy cosmetic items, unlocks, etc...

Personally I Subscribe to the game because I want to support it and help keep it going for as long as possible. If you don't want to subscribe, I suggest at least purchasing some Cartel Coins so you can become Preferred, which is slightly better than Free to Play. With those Cartel Coins you can buy unlocks which closes the gap between Preferred and a Subscriber.

One big benefit of being a subscriber after October 27th is that you will get Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Shadow of Revan, two previous expansions for free. Also you will get the first 9 chapters of Knights of the Fallen Empire, SWTORs latest expansion.

Useful Link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/wiki/f2p - Has a lot of detailed differences between them.

Back