Event Revive POTCO 2nd Event

Anything you send to them through there will be forwarded to their email inbox for memberservices@piratesonline.com, it works the same way as sending them an email directly through your email client.

It's just easier for people to use the website, and it allows us to avoid the use of the word "email" inside the game during the event.

Ah, I see. I'll be using that, then, as I love conveniences. :D

Forgot to mention ...

INVITE, INVITE and INVITE ... Your friends, your guildies, random pirates (you would never know, those people that you invite might have a determining voice that might alter the Disney Potco management's decision).

If you have time to post in your guild website, you may borrow and 'save as' the announcement flyer. You are welcomed also to copy and paste the Theme and Location Announcement, as well as the Tips and Suggestions Announcement.

Also, prior to the beginning of each series, if you have come online on the game, you are encouraged to invite fellow pirates to attend. It could be a knife with two eyes; we might come across good players who really would like to give feedback, or ill-intended players that might cause disruption. But this is a universal event for all players, so we are not going to discriminate who we are inviting. Hopefully the good intention will outweigh the chance of disruption on the event. :)

or ill-intended players that might cause disruption.

I can imagine that now.

Me: Hey, man, wanna come to a Revive POTCO event?

Disruptive Hacker: Eh? Does this event have lots of people?

Me: Yeah, of course it'll have a big turnout!

Disruptive Hacker: Oh, um...hehe, sure, I'll come. I don't have any hacks of any sort.

Me: Cool, okay. Bye!

Disruptive Hacker: Bye, fool! I-I mean, friend!

Yeah, that just happened. I'll probably be that stupid. xD

I am not sure how to interpret your post, Gastro ... but I can assure you; that the Revive Potco organizers and Event organizers have discussed the 'hacking' issues. A lot. We are not going to turn this thread into a discussion whether there will be hackers or not on the event, or whether we have a way to prevent or stop the hacking or not.

There are some things that every one of us can 'meditate' upon (no confirmation required):

1. Just because there have been hacking problems in the past, it does not mean that we are to stop holding events. It is similar to giving the control over to the problems. No. We are going to do what we need to do. Just like in real life (e.g. bombing in public places, does not stop future public gathering or marathon races), we are not to be defeated before we even start.

2. Disruptions, are bound to happen. No matter how good our preparation is, we cannot control other people's intention. The key is, how we respond to those situations. We are preparing the best to our ability, because that is up to us. How other people would do (the bad things), is beyond our control.

3. Do not give credit to disruptions or bad things more than what they are. It is similar to giving them the victory and control over how we should react. Do not let those things freeze us.

4. When disruptions happen, stay calm and focused. Attention is always what ill-intended people are looking for. If we show them that we are falling apart, they pretty much get what they want.

So, based on those pointers, we - the Event organizers - may not have the answer to prevent or stop disruptions and/or hacking from happening, but we have provided you with the procedure to follow (click 'ignore' button, click 'report' button, take screenshots, send them to Shamus The Brute for follow-up). This is one of the many reasons why we are having this particular event anyway. To bring these issues to Disney Potco management's attention, more than what we have done sporadically in the past.

I suggest all of you not to back down because of possible disruptions and/or hacking. Come and do your part, to let our voices be heard even more. With this explanation, we conclude the discussion about possible hacking or other disruptions on the event. Everybody is invited. Thank you in advance for your participation!

What, back down? Heck, that's the last thing I'll do. I was just making a joke. If I ever back down, the world has ended.

This is such a brilliant idea. I would never be able to think of an idea more beneficial than this. And finally, I am spending my time on a weekend that won't be futile * cough - navy ship contest.And I will take most of the percentage of my time typing on the 4th stop (I'll be typing the same amount on each email just a tad bit more on that one ^-^) as I got a response from Krista and apparently she can't type.... "I am sorry you we not lucky this time,"
Die Krista..jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is such a brilliant idea. I would never be able to think of an idea more beneficial than this. And finally, I am spending my time on a weekend that won't be futile * cough - navy ship contest.And I will take most of the percentage of my time typing on the 4th stop (I'll be typing the same amount on each email just a tad bit more on that one ^-^) as I got a response from Krista and apparently she can't type.... "I am sorry you we not lucky this time," View attachment 51889

"How did we do?"

I'll tell you how you didn't do. A terrific grammar job.Currently waiting at the meeting place. I'm the one glaring and saying "Waiting for Revive Pot CO event"Sorry for multiple posts, but I need to ask a question: Does the e-mail you use for the Contact Us page have to be the one your account is associated with? 'Cuz I have multiple e-mails.

Just wanted to share this with you all. It was a test to see how bad Disney's customer support is. They admit to the problem, then do nothing about it.

Me (send feedback): I noticed whenever I see a musician a lot of the songs say 'coming soon'. It's been like that for a really long time. Do you guys know if there is any new music coming?

Them: Hello fellow Pirate,

Thank you for writing in with this very savvy questions. Unfortunately I do not know when we will see new music available from the musicians around the Caribbean, but I do know it has been a while since we have heard a new song.

If we do have any updates you can be sure they will be noted in the Current News blog located at the following link:

http://piratesonline.go.com/#/news_blog/currentnews.html

Stay Savvy!

Krista
Pirates of the Caribbean Online Member Services

What that just said was "Oh, really? Yeah, we don't care." Hopefully that changes during event.Me and Bart Blueginty are at the meeting place right now. If you guys are coming, you'll see us there.Edward Mctimbers has just joined us. Already prepared myself.

I got a screenshot of him. >:DUPDATE: The same hacker is at Tormenta. I followed the instructions given if a hacker were to come and I encourage you to do the same.Just got disconnected again. :cursing:

Anyone know if this is the hackers once again?

Loads getting disconnected, I did not. I'll screen the chat after or maybe video it. I did report him soon after I saw the coloured chat though. Also he's at Cuba too, and some people just prefer to complain instead of just reporting :facepalm:

Back