Request Reverse Inability to Switch Weapons

Hello friends!
I came across something pretty aggravating and I wanted to share to see if anyone is having similar experiences and similar thoughts. I understand that the grenade loophole (whatever it was, idk, im not a nade expert) was patched and thus switching weapons in combat therefore became impossible. I understand why this was done as it prevents the user from switching to various types of grenades and thus causing an exploit.
I would like to request that this be resolved some other way. I frequently loot by myself and it is now impossible to switch from doll (for curse) to broadsword or gun or whatever. This also makes looting in groups annoying because the person cursing is stuck cursing until the enemy dies. From discussing this with other players, I am not the only one that finds this aggravating and I'd love to hear from others on how this has affected them. I realize there might not be an alternative solution, but I am open to allowing the nade glitch if it means I can switch weapons in combat again.
Thanks for reading!
Respectfully,
Kate Daggersharp

The change doesn't affect swapping between doll and other weapons. It will only affect you if you try to swap from a grenade to another weapon while the grenade is in mid-air. Whatever is happening there is completely unrelated.

The change doesn't affect swapping between doll and other weapons. It will only affect you if you try to swap from a grenade to another weapon while the grenade is in mid-air. Whatever is happening there is completely unrelated.
We're all experiencing this in my guild. We've noticed its specifically bad at the Twins so maybe you're right, maybe it is a separate issue buts its worth noting that once we have doll out or whatever, we cannot swap to anything else until they are both killed.

We're all experiencing this in my guild. We've noticed its specifically bad at the Twins so maybe you're right, maybe it is a separate issue buts its worth noting that once we have doll out or whatever, we cannot swap to anything else until they are both killed.

It's definitely a separate issue, we'll have to look into what could be causing it.

Not sure what your problem is here. It seems to me the only thing that has changed is that the game now waits for the grenade reloading animation to finish AND for the grenade to have hit the ground after you have thrown your grenade before you are able to switch. It has waited for animations to finish before switching for quite some time with all other weapons, most notably swords.

Examples: (Note I am spam clicking to switch at the first possible moment)
Cannot switch until after blade storm has completed. This has been the case for quite some time.
SwordSwitch.gif

Grenade, waits until the grenade is determined to have landed I suppose.
GrenadeSwitch.gif

I can't even recreate your issue with what you said.
DollSwitch.gif

TL;DR ::
Wait for the animations to finish then switch.

Last edited:
Hello friends!
I came across something pretty aggravating and I wanted to share to see if anyone is having similar experiences and similar thoughts. I understand that the grenade loophole (whatever it was, idk, im not a nade expert) was patched and thus switching weapons in combat therefore became impossible. I understand why this was done as it prevents the user from switching to various types of grenades and thus causing an exploit.
I would like to request that this be resolved some other way. I frequently loot by myself and it is now impossible to switch from doll (for curse) to broadsword or gun or whatever. This also makes looting in groups annoying because the person cursing is stuck cursing until the enemy dies. From discussing this with other players, I am not the only one that finds this aggravating and I'd love to hear from others on how this has affected them. I realize there might not be an alternative solution, but I am open to allowing the nade glitch if it means I can switch weapons in combat again.
Thanks for reading!
Respectfully,
Kate Daggersharp
idk if this is the same thing, but yeah i first noticed this bug during the gm event thing on tortuga yesterday. It made it immensely difficult to switch weapons. I don't know exactly what causes it but I initially thought it was due to the incredible amount of lag that was happening there. The hotbar was completely unresponsive whether i was pressing the weapon themselves or using the F keys. I don't know if this is the same bug, but I myself have not experienced it since.

Last edited:
The issue is not waiting for animations to finish. Everyone I've heard talk about this problem has only had it in forsaken shallows, when either you teleport in or walk close to the areas where the bosses are. Myself and many others are not even able to pull out a weapon to begin with for minutes at a time, pressing the f1-f4 keys, ctrl, or clicking on the hotbar. The same goes for switching weapons once I was finally able to get one out. Completely unresponsive until I walk out of the rendering distance of the bosses, wait for them to be killed, or wait 5 or so minutes for it to work.

idk if this is the same thing, but yeah i first noticed this bug during the gm event thing on tortuga yesterday. It made it immensely difficult to switch weapons. I don't know exactly what causes it but I initially thought it was due to the incredible amount of lag that was happening there. The hotbar was completely unresponsive whether i was pressing the weapon themselves or using the F keys. I don't know if this is the same bug, but I myself have not experienced it since.
Yes I also noticed this last night during the event, and thought it was due to lag. I was unable to equip or switch any weapons.

This happened to me tonight on Tormenta when I was near the gold room. I had teleported to a friend and discovered I was unable to draw any of my weapons I had equipped. After typing in crew chat I tried again and was finally able to draw my blunderbuss.

We’ve identified the issue and are currently working on a fix.

Hi there!

We have just released a silent patch for this onto production. It was a pretty interesting bug.

The code that contains the sanity check to protect against the grenade fast-swap exploit is shared code among all pirates in a crowd. So what occurred was any time a player used a grenade, it locked everyone's GUI next to them - even if they weren't using grenade.

The fix was simply to ensure that we only run that code if that the shared part being executed is our own character's, if that makes sense.

Previous logic:
  • If a player is using a grenade, lock the GUI.
Corrected logic:
  • If a player is using a grenade and this player is us, lock the GUI.

It was a simple fix, and a fun little bug to find. Thank you for reporting this issue to us. :)

Hi there!

We have just released a silent patch for this onto production. It was a pretty interesting bug.

The code that contains the sanity check to protect against the grenade fast-swap exploit is shared code among all pirates in a crowd. So what occurred was any time a player used a grenade, it locked everyone's GUI next to them - even if they weren't using grenade.

The fix was simply to ensure that we only run that code if that the shared part being executed is our own character's, if that makes sense.

Previous logic:
  • If a player is using a grenade, lock the GUI.
Corrected logic:
  • If a player is using a grenade and this player is us, lock the GUI.

It was a simple fix, and a fun little bug to find. Thank you for reporting this issue to us. :)
neato

Back