Ocean (Server) Maintenance (03/25/13)

After reading every post in this thread, and also noticing how heated everyone has gotten, I'm once again in the middle with my thoughts. I understand the feelings looters, plunderers, rankers, etc have about this. Yes, it does take away many empty environments for our in - game activity. Also, it is very hard for me, and many others to help defend the game and try to keep the spirits high when it seems they keep slapping themselves in the face ( for loss of better words ). I will say this only because I have nothing else to say. I do remember servers being removed in the past on more than one occasion and I also remember a moment when they pulled back servers and put them back for maintenance. This case seems to be different, and the way to repair the game isn't to put the remaining members closer together and hope it all goes well. Now, I think this way most of the time, but in reality ( and POTCO ) it just wont happen!! So I'm hoping they give us a decent enough update to bring back some players, causing them to add back servers and save this game. If not, my time, and our time as pirates, is nearing its end.... I hate to say this, so very much.

I'm hoping this will lead to better new content as games with fewer servers at least from my perspective have gone better. But again this is pirates online and not a more popular mmo like lord of the rings online or world of Warcraft. Anyways I don't like this decision, if its for good or bad that is yet to be seen.

I'm hoping this will lead to better new content as games with fewer servers at least from my perspective have gone better. But again this is pirates online and not a more popular mmo like lord of the rings online or world of Warcraft. Anyways I don't like this decision, if its for good or bad that is yet to be seen.
Lord of the Rings has never decreased their servers...

In the launcher it says "Important update to the Caribbean's Oceans" well first of all this can't even be counted as an update :cursing:

This is shocking, to say the least.. and makes me wonder about Disney's true intentions. They couldn't possibly think that this will make things much better. If they do, they should at the very least apply proper maintenance and updates.

Noticed there are still no comments on this in the Grog Blog, so I decided to send in another one ;)
joke3.PNG

I'm not liking this either.

I do find it interesting though that the last time they removed servers was in Feb '11 and the big update was in April '11. Good job Captain Star on finding that post from LEO. And this does make me wonder...

They did hint at something coming April 1 (aka April Fools Day), although I still think it will be a joke and we'll get nothing. However, we could still be surprised.

As far as keeping our oceans clean, it will be much easier for them to do. Less servers obviously means less work and faster fixes... Then again, that is IF they do something. I'm not going to be holding my breath on this though.

What makes me laugh is that they seem to not realize that this game since the beginning has gone through monthly/seasonally cycles. We're in March, almost April, in the middle of a school year. Of course there are going to be less people playing. DUH! I myself am constantly busy with things my kids have to do, which is why I can only play about 5 days of the week and not 24/7 like I would like to. However, I do have 2 paid accounts and use both regularly. Then again, I am a paying adult who is not a student. I'm sure once summer arrives, all our 17 servers will be flooded and the regular players will be frustrated and play less.

Maybe I should try to post on grog blog and remind them of that...

It was a lot tougher today to find a place to loot alone. I was either taking from someone or someone was taking from me. I actually had a guy chase behind me (in Tormenta) for a little bit saying, "Don't kill my enemies. Leave them alone and you leave."

I use a blunder when I loot, as most do. I'm a level 50 with a Grand Blunder. There's not much left, if any 99% of the time, after my first shot. I didn't even know the guy was there until I saw his words in chat. I suggested we go in differing directions that way we meet once per cycle in the loop (Tormenta). Nope, that wasn't good enough for him. He wanted them all (as I did). But I was going to share. He was having none of that. I left so as to avoid an incident. :(

I finally found a completely quiet Ravens at around 1pm. I'd been to eight different servers before I found this one truly quiet server. ALL eight of my previous choices had folks in both Tormenta AND Ravens. ALL 8!!!

Looting just got a lot more complicated.

Ok, I need to correct something I stated above. The update in April I was thinking of was Ship Customization that happened in April '12. But after looking through their Release Notes, I did find that there were several updates in '11 after they removed some of the servers. Maybe it was coincidence, maybe not. But I did want to clarify and correct myself.

Also, could someone please fix my post above. For some reason I had issues on this forum for 5 minutes or so and that was the reason for me making the same post twice. It was like the site was running extra slow... didnt want to let me back on here either, lol. Thanks. :)

Back