Discussion TLOPO MAP update

Chris NightCore™

Pirate Lord
POTC2008UpdateGWR_copy.png

This is the map we currently have and use in the game, which is less interesting, colorless and boring...
I was thinking maybe it is time to be updated and I have a few suggestions:

173-1738467_pirates-of-the-caribbean-wallpaper-pirates-caribbean.jpg

pre-order-program-cloth-map-pirates-online-wiki-fandom-powered-carribean-pirate-map-png-850_538.png

so, feel free to comment and share what do you think should we have the map of the high seas updated? :p

I’ve never thought about this, although I don’t mind the current map, I’m not sure where my opinion stands on this. Good idea! :)

Well, since they are adding new stuff to the game I thought maybe they could also enchant or update the current map of the high seas, and thank you! 😉

this is an authentic English map of the Caribbean from 1714. notice the faint but still distinct amount of colour (mostly to denote territorial claims but i digress). i think, if we were to update the current map at all, we could use just a dash of colour. maybe colours to show Wild Islands vs Main Islands (or show if an island is primarily populated Undead or Navy/EITC enemies, but i don't know if i like that idea much. Kingshead is really the Navy/EITC island.) not really any concrete ideas, just kind of throwing out food for thought. i have other maps from the era, namely a map of the real Port Royal and Kingston Harbours, and it's just as drab and blandly coloured as the current in-game map.
Farbliche Karibik Karte (1715).png

I agree that a clearer, more colored map would be a welcome refresh. While maintaining POTCO feel, this IS 2020, and graphics have come a long way. I'm sure something that keeps the look and feel of the current map while cleaning it up and making it look nice should be completely possible.

Don't know if it's the place here, but I think the island maps need more work though, to be honest. Even if their look is maintained, they could use correcting (covering all areas/islands with entrances/caves on them), and maybe having some interactive functions added - i.e. click on an entrance to move to that areas map.

Back