Tip Thrall Room Farming

Since the release of the Raven's Cove quest line I've noticed Isla Tormenta and El Patron's mine have both been swarming with pirates.durrr... I did manage to find an empty Thrall Room so I farmed it for an hour and jotted down some notes to pass on to you guys. This is basically going to be another "numbers" breakdown.

First of all, I did tack on about 5 minutes to the 1-hour timer to give a more accurate reading since I was jotting stuff down throught the entirety.

In the hour that I was there I killed 243 total mobs (119 Thrall Captains and 124 Urchinfists). Out of these kills I looted 11 Skull Chests, 38 Treasure Chests, and 128 Loot Pouches.

This breaks down to a 4.53% chance to get a Skull Chest, 15.64% chance to get a Treasure Chest, and a 52.67% chance to get a Loot Pouch. Also a 27.16% chance to get diddly squat.

Out of the Skull Chests I did get 1 famed and 1 legendary within this hour (Knives of the Hawk Idol and Behemoth Blade). I'll try to add the picture to this post. I didn't take the typical "still-in-chest" shot of the legendary because I've randomly crashed enough times to know better. When I see a legendary it gets looted immediately.

Raw gold earning potential wasn't great here for me at only 7,177 gold for the hour. Obviously you can make far more per hour doing ship runs but I doubt people farm the Thrall Room for gold anyway.

Once again this was my personal experience and breakdown of my hour farming. There is always going to be some fluctuation and differences in luck but this should provide some sort of ballpark for anyone who is wondering. I hope this helps and good luck plundering those Legendaries!

Behemoth.png

Your numbers aren't quite right because loot isn't a chance of skull chest, loot chest, loot pouch, or nothing. It's instead first determined whether anything will drop and then the chance of what type of loot is determined. Source? Decompiled POTCO client code found easily online.

We can't know everything because TLOPO has written the accompanying AI code from scratch, and although unlikely, they may have modified the original POTCO code somewhat. Also I'm no expert so my interpretation could be flawed but I'm fairly confident this is how it was as of 2013. Keep in mind TLOPO may have changed how it works.

First: The chance of loot is determined from the enemy killed. This is determined from the enemy "grade" basically the color of their level. Red and Yellow have a chance of 45, Green has a chance of 20, and Grey has a chance of 8.

Second: If loot is chosen to be dropped it is then found what type of loot container will drop. This is determined by enemy level. The levels are laid out in the __containerTypeRate variable. Level 1 is 100 for loot pouch, 0 for loot chest and loot skull. Whereas level 30 and above is 75 for loot pouch, 20 for loot chest and, 5 for loot skull.

The rest is a bit confusing in how it works and I'm not sure if its in any order from this point on. You really need the AI files to see what is done with these variables.
Third: getNumItemsRate getItemsTypeRate and getItemsRarityRate all have something to do with the class of item (Crude, Common, Rare, Famed, Legendary). Like I say though what is done with these variables is a mystery to me. One or all of them have something to do with determining the chance that a class of item will be dropped.

Fourth: Drop tables are made for the enemy you killed to determine what items can be dropped. I have created a easy to read spreadsheet here containing the drop tables for POTCO. These do not contain percent chances as those are calculated generally (IE chance to drop a famed/rare) and then the drop tables are checked to see what valid items can be dropped from the enemy and it is randomly chosen which.

Your numbers aren't quite right because loot isn't a chance of skull chest, loot chest, loot pouch, or nothing. It's instead first determined whether anything will drop and then the chance of what type of loot is determined. Source? Decompiled POTCO client code found easily online.

We can't know everything because TLOPO has written the accompanying AI code from scratch, and although unlikely, they may have modified the original POTCO code somewhat. Also I'm no expert so my interpretation could be flawed but I'm fairly confident this is how it was as of 2013. Keep in mind TLOPO may have changed how it works.

First: The chance of loot is determined from the enemy killed. This is determined from the enemy "grade" basically the color of their level. Red and Yellow have a chance of 45, Green has a chance of 20, and Grey has a chance of 8.

Second: If loot is chosen to be dropped it is then found what type of loot container will drop. This is determined by enemy level. The levels are laid out in the __containerTypeRate variable. Level 1 is 100 for loot pouch, 0 for loot chest and loot skull. Whereas level 30 and above is 75 for loot pouch, 20 for loot chest and, 5 for loot skull.

The rest is a bit confusing in how it works and I'm not sure if its in any order from this point on. You really need the AI files to see what is done with these variables.
Third: getNumItemsRate getItemsTypeRate and getItemsRarityRate all have something to do with the class of item (Crude, Common, Rare, Famed, Legendary). Like I say though what is done with these variables is a mystery to me. One or all of them have something to do with determining the chance that a class of item will be dropped.

Fourth: Drop tables are made for the enemy you killed to determine what items can be dropped. I have created a easy to read spreadsheet here containing the drop tables for POTCO. These do not contain percent chances as those are calculated generally (IE chance to drop a famed/rare) and then the drop tables are checked to see what valid items can be dropped from the enemy and it is randomly chosen which.

I should have specified more thoroughly. I wasn't stating that those are the core chances of getting said loot containers. I was merely breaking my personal experience down. According to the numbers I crunched those were the exact odds that I encountered while there. I also stated in the conclusion that those are obviously going to fluctuate and therefore, not be everyone's base odds. Thanks for the information though.

Back