Graphics Problem Render distance

I saw that tonight. I knew there was a friendly ship around cause I could see a hunter and another enemy ship shooting at it but it only showed up for about a half a minute and disappeared again. If it wasn't for the enemy ships I wouldn't have know it was there,

This happens to me often and I have a great gaming PC And Nice Nvida Graphics card , Ships pop up from afar . On quiet servers this happens , so I can Imagine what the dating game server is like ..... lol . Sometimes ya can see a players ships off in the distance and then It's right In front of you !! Yes , sailing got very buggy ever since the additional ships where added . I get Galleons that chase me across the entire map ! I can only do 12 knots and 16 on Fast sail but them galleons do like 20 knots at least !! Ships cluster and Never reset like they did on Potco ! ( Returning to their normal course )

I never had this happen, not sure if makes a difference, but i play on my desktop.

The render distance sure is set on low. While I don't know the exact reason, I assume it's for the application to keep its ram at minimum. Knowing how fragile the whole game is I suspect having a better distance rendering would cause more crashes. It sucks, especially out in the seas when for example you are required to search for a specific ship.

literally sometimes ships or people dont show up until you're almost right by them. potco was never like that. graphics are on high and using a gaming laptop and good wifi and i have no lag. so the issue isnt on my part.
Been happening since day one that I started sailing or moving about the map. I've always thought this was normal. Render distance has always been maxed.
So then, this isn't normal?

I never had this happen, not sure if makes a difference, but i play on my desktop.
The system I play on nor the specs of these two systems have never made a difference as this is normal for me. Always been part of the game from the first version I started with.

Yes, there are countless videos on youtube where you can see ships all the way to the horizon while sailing.
In TLOPO, you can't see ships half an island away, friendly or foe.
I'm guessing this was some option the devs decided on for whatever shortcut or workaround and have decided not to bother addressing currently, or ever perhaps.
Maybe one day the seas will be as they once were; full of ships.

In fact, there was an exploit of this feature that made it possible for deviant players to hide their ships and sink other pirates, about 2 months ago.
Either way, it is a serious detraction from the game to not be able see what you're doing and what ships are out there.
This is also a problem on land, where people and enemies are not visible after a certain distance.

Yes, there are countless videos on youtube where you can see ships all the way to the horizon while sailing.
In TLOPO, you can't see ships half an island away, friendly or foe.
I'm guessing this was some option the devs decided on for whatever shortcut or workaround and have decided not to bother addressing currently, or ever perhaps.
Maybe one day the seas will be as they once were; full of ships.

In fact, there was an exploit of this feature that made it possible for deviant players to hide their ships and sink other pirates, about 2 months ago.
Either way, it is a serious detraction from the game to not be able see what you're doing and what ships are out there.
This is also a problem on land, where people and enemies are not visible after a certain distance.
Yes, this tends to give a tunnel type vision and one does not get a full immersive feeling from tlopo. Which is a shame, because some of the vista's are quite beautiful and strategy wise at least with sailing is very handicapped. If I'm running from hunters for example, I can get within 3 ship distance of port just to run into many enemies which, were invisible just yards away before, well, 'alters' my plans.

Back