Request POLL: Devil Root, Tomas Blanco and Jacques le Blanc Need Legendary's. Here's Why..

Should Devil Root, Tomas Blanco and Jacques le Blanc Have Legendary's?

• Yes

Votes: 34 82.9%
  • No

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 4.9%

• Total voters

Varunastra

Pirate Master
Listen here before you comment. Should every single boss drop a legendary? No, absolutely not. But I'd prefer some light shined on Devil Root, Tomas Blanco and Jacques le Blanc because they were infamous farming spots back in classic POTCO and even before TLOPO released RC with cursed blades. And these bosses are their own content not being used. I think it's great we have some new legendary's put into the game for Neban The Silent, Remington The Vicious, General Darkhart and General Hex, If I missed any bosses Sue me.. Let's Subtract from all cursed blades on menta/rc and etc legends in Hollowed Woods. The game I understand has a lot of legendary's to acquire and which already enough makes it insanely hard as it is trying to get them all but I really feel like these bosses I mentioned deserve some sort of Spotlight, they're sad and lonely :( And also lets say for example like infamous looters like Beggar and Mr. Jones or some random dude named Pirate BucketHead get all the current in-game legendary's, What now? Now this is a debatable thing.. And also we need to have inventory space added as either a 3rd page for clothes/weapons or a stash we can freely use at anytime. Knowing the implementation of this would cost a lot of memory, I understand and it would be a big Update. But returning back to the bosses as I mentioned, I created a poll for the bosses that you can decide yes or no on. And feel free to display your opinions, it is a important topic, because we know TLOPO looks for these type of Discussions/Requests.

Yea that would be a good idea I think also. Those bosses really don't get farmed but for a quest or every now and then you see someone attacking them

As much as it'd make sense for them to have unique legend drops, I and I imagine many others are tired of the boss looting formula. Even though the skull count is higher than most enemies, the actual legendary drops get far too repeat heavy and basically devalued Lost Sword and Silver Freeze to being the "villains" of the game. If they were to add more legends, maybe they should do another Raven's Cove-esque deal where there's a far higher rate of an initial reward for a player who puts time in at a spot where a desired legendary can drop.

In terms of Tomas, Jacques and Devil Root, I'm not sure what route to take to make them more special. Perhaps Tomas and Jacques could drop SVS-related items such as unique French and Spanish-themed clothing alongside common-famed weapons that would work wonders in SvS.

So devil root would drop another branch that has a fire-like ability. Tomas would drop a double sword legendary. I don't know what jacques would drop if I remember correctly he uses a sabre sword so many a sabre.
A double sword sub-class unique to his legendary would be legit the coolest thing ever. Maybe for the staff something channeled, like a single target attuned drain or something... give it a druid-y look.

As much as it'd make sense for them to have unique legend drops, I and I imagine many others are tired of the boss looting formula. Even though the skull count is higher than most enemies, the actual legendary drops get far too repeat heavy and basically devalued Lost Sword and Silver Freeze to being the "villains" of the game. If they were to add more legends, maybe they should do another Raven's Cove-esque deal where there's a far higher rate of an initial reward for a player who puts time in at a spot where a desired legendary can drop.

In terms of Tomas, Jacques and Devil Root, I'm not sure what route to take to make them more special. Perhaps Tomas and Jacques could drop SVS-related items such as unique French and Spanish-themed clothing alongside common-famed weapons that would work wonders in SvS.
Regarding this, I believe there are many unreleased items that could fit this idea well. https://piratesonline.fandom.com/wiki/Unreleased_Items

He's a lower leveled class so probably not, like I said not all bosses.
To be fair, General Hex is also a lower leveled class boss ( General Hex and Undead Timothy Dartan are both level 23 -30) and he also drop a unique legendary called Calypso's Radiance (Which you already know that). So maybe, they can removed Lost Sword and Silver Freeze from Timothy loot pool and give him unique legendary only. The same how it was done with General Hex. Just my 2 cents on it.

Last edited:
To be fair, General Hex is also a lower leveled class boss ( General Hex and Undead Timothy Dartan are both level 23 -30) and he also drop a unique legendary called Calypso's Radiance (Which you already know that). So maybe, they can removed Lost Sword and Silver Freeze from Timothy loot pool and give him unique legendary only. The same how it was done with General Hex. Just my 2 cents on it.

That is a fair point, and not a shabby idea. Perhaps they can put UTD on hold until they increase the loot pool a bit, and once legendary staves are less of a "OMG WOOOOOWWWWWW" thing, they can give him one to contrast the already existing doll. Maybe a healing / support staff?

Doing some research on what you said about UTD, I respect your opinion, and opinions matter in this topic as I said it is important to talk about them. However UTD is not what I wrote about nor mentioned but I also do believe since he's in the pool of high levels, he respectfully should be the only boss right now currently to drop a Legendary Staff and here is why: being that General Hex is popular for the Calypso's Radiance, why not make UTD drop a Legendary Staff, this would be such an aspiring and new experience for the TLOPO community to thrive and grind for the Legendary Staff that UTD could potentially drop, it would shine light on a new legendary weapon type that has never had a chance to be put in the game yet. And if we think about it strongly, all legendary weapon types in the game are either sword, gun, voodoo doll and grenade. We could definitely have this boss drop a Legendary Staff shinning some new light on him.

Good mention @Jason/Kat X The Pirate :)

EDIT: I may do a thread about this since you definitely made a valid point :)

I have pretty much the same thoughts as Bort. The formula for finding good items in this game became pretty stale after the 20th legendary. It is understandable, the desire to have these bosses drop new legendaries, but ultimately I just don't see the value in it. 99% of players will never have all of the legendaries like those "infamous" looters you mentioned (or near all legendaries.) If we use the reasoning that "what do we do for the people with all legendaries currently?" then you are making game-changing decisions, literally, based off of 1, maybe two players. In addition, as you stated above, it would require more inventory space for these looters who hypothetically need the space for their collection, which TLOPO developers and staff have stated before, would severely lag the servers and the game performance for everyone.

TLOPO has had a "good" run with legendaries, if you even want to call it that, but the content is old. A lot of players who engaged in the looting aspect of this game got bored and some of us stopped playing. I'd personally like to see development time invested into other things than legendaries right now. With all the ambitious projects they have planned right now - at least 2 new storylines, the usual bug fixes, creating new maps... etc, new legendaries just don't have a place in TLOPO right now. We'll soon be at a point where the gravediggers on Port Royal drop The Lost Sword Of The Universe that has 200 damage and +10 crit strike / +10 bladestorm.

Listen here before you comment. Should every single boss drop a legendary? No, absolutely not. But I'd prefer some light shined on Devil Root, Tomas Blanco and Jacques le Blanc because they were infamous farming spots back in classic POTCO and even before TLOPO released RC with cursed blades. And these bosses are their own content not being used. I think it's great we have some new legendary's put into the game for Neban The Silent, Remington The Vicious, General Darkhart and General Hex, If I missed any bosses Sue me.. Let's Subtract from all cursed blades on menta/rc and etc legends in Hollowed Woods. The game I understand has a lot of legendary's to acquire and which already enough makes it insanely hard as it is trying to get them all but I really feel like these bosses I mentioned deserve some sort of Spotlight, they're sad and lonely :( And also lets say for example like infamous looters like Beggar and Mr. Jones or some random dude named Pirate BucketHead get all the current in-game legendary's, What now? Now this is a debatable thing.. And also we need to have inventory space added as either a 3rd page for clothes/weapons or a stash we can freely use at anytime. Knowing the implementation of this would cost a lot of memory, I understand and it would be a big Update. But returning back to the bosses as I mentioned, I created a poll for the bosses that you can decide yes or no on. And feel free to display your opinions, it is a important topic, because we know TLOPO looks for these type of Discussions/Requests.
To be honest, I thought and assumed all bosses have a chance to drop legendary. They don't?

I have pretty much the same thoughts as Bort. The formula for finding good items in this game became pretty stale after the 20th legendary. It is understandable, the desire to have these bosses drop new legendaries, but ultimately I just don't see the value in it. 99% of players will never have all of the legendaries like those "infamous" looters you mentioned (or near all legendaries.) If we use the reasoning that "what do we do for the people with all legendaries currently?" then you are making game-changing decisions, literally, based off of 1, maybe two players. In addition, as you stated above, it would require more inventory space for these looters who hypothetically need the space for their collection, which TLOPO developers and staff have stated before, would severely lag the servers and the game performance for everyone.

TLOPO has had a "good" run with legendaries, if you even want to call it that, but the content is old. A lot of players who engaged in the looting aspect of this game got bored and some of us stopped playing. I'd personally like to see development time invested into other things than legendaries right now. With all the ambitious projects they have planned right now - at least 2 new storylines, the usual bug fixes, creating new maps... etc, new legendaries just don't have a place in TLOPO right now. We'll soon be at a point where the gravediggers on Port Royal drop The Lost Sword Of The Universe that has 200 damage and +10 crit strike / +10 bladestorm.
I think that's a little exaggerated mate.

If we use the reasoning that "what do we do for the people with all legendaries currently?"
I came up with a transmute feature where players can pick two of the same legendaries and transmute them into an unique, however this feature doesn't fully solve the issue of having duplicate legendaries but it's a baby step.

Back