Pirates Online Closing 8/20/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to be a downer, but if they wouldn't acknowledge our pleas for revival during the game's existence, why would they acknowledge them after the game's been closed?

There honestly is no point and I will continue saying it, despite my want and love for POTCO to return, by the day it is less likely if likely at all for them to acknowledge any of our true feats and the game's potential. Having hope for them to bring it back will wastes one time and with the ever growing advances in games and graphics along with mechanics, and Im sure people like John Foulroberts can vouch that it is better to look into new and upcoming games with better mechanics than POTCO could have had within the next 2 years. Like Richard said, not to be a downer, but it just what happens.

Just my opinion here but, I think perhaps the best way for someone to support a hope for POTCO to returned back (possibly) someday are for players to remain as active with forums like this as possible whom have had an original "connection" with POTCO.

The funny thing about time (and it's passing) is that it has a way of changing our perspectives on things and I know that, say 2-3 years from now, if players are still involved with original forums like this then what better way to thumb our nose/one up Disney than to have proven them on this! ;)

There honestly is no point and I will continue saying it,despite my want and love for POTCO to return, by the day it is less likely if likely at all for them to acknowledge any of our true feats and the game's potential. Having hope for them to bring it back will wastes one time and with the ever growing advances in games and graphics along with mechanics, and Im sure people like John Foulroberts can vouch that it is better to look into new and upcoming games with better mechanics than POTCO could have had within the next 2 years. Like Richard said, not to be a downer, but it just what happens.

theirs always the possibility that the purpose of the game closing was just that to update, and refresh the games graphics and engines. it is the only closed game to have its website reanimated the potential is their and i dont think where the only ones who know it.
Just my opinion here but, I think perhaps the best way for someone to support a hope for POTCO to returned back (possibly) someday are for players to remain as active with forums like this as possible whom have had an original "connection" with POTCO.

The funny thing about time (and it's passing) is that it has a way of changing our perspectives on things and I know that, say 2-3 years from now, if players are still involved with original forums like this then what better way to thumb our nose/one up Disney than to have proven them on this! ;)

i dont even think that long we need to make our presence known to disney you see when things happen like people dying at some point i will accept that but this is something i still dream and hope for just as much as i did when it closed. every time i get on my computer i still click the potc icon just to see if a miracle of some sort has happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also actually still have the POTCO icon on my desktop, but since this "closing" is still unknown, guess you can say, to many people and to us, you never know if it will stay closed, and plus there is a reason for why they still pay for the pirates online.go website to keep running

The only thing I can think of is that they want to try and build the game back onto a much more secure program than Panda(which I believe is what the game is built with) maybe even their own program...Due to not knowing how it will work or even work at all, they had to announce it as a closing, that way they cover their bases if the new system does not work.

Yep. It doesn't really make sense why they would keep their URL opened just to tell everyone that POTCO is closed. I just think that they are up to something.

For me, it's a "mystery" why they continue to keep the website maintained (as is). There is, however, a big part of me though that feels that they had done so because they only wanted to assure that the public realizes the latest information they have posted to the website (they proclaim on November 18 that 'billing support' will be ending).

In hindsight, that really was not too long ago (shrugs). :confused:

For me, it's a "mystery" why they continue to keep the website maintained (as is). There is, however, a big part of me though that feels that they had done so because they only wanted to assure that the public realizes the latest information they have posted to the website (they proclaim on November 18 that 'billing support' will be ending).

In hindsight, that really was not too long ago (shrugs). :confused:

But I'm still wondering of why they are still running the piratesonline.go website. It must be for a reason. Why would they pay money for that site just to keep running a tell people that it's closed. Still wondering about that.:rolleyes:

But I'm still wondering of why they are still running the piratesonline.go website. It must be for a reason. Why would they pay money for that site just to keep running a tell people that it's closed. Still wondering about that.:rolleyes:
Its not that expensive to have a website. I have seen them go for as little as $10.00 a month. Not to mention for all we know, Disney has a deal with some hosting service such that they can have as many websites as they want for some negotiated payment.

Their goal for keeping the website is the same as why World of Cars Online has been kept all this time. They want to have it clearly posted that the game is closed. That way people can't buy the domain and start scamming people.

Its not that expensive to have a website. I have seen them go for as little as $10.00 a month. Not to mention for all we know, Disney has a deal with some hosting service such that they can have as many websites as they want for some negotiated payment.

Their goal for keeping the website is the same as why World of Cars Online has been kept all this time. They want to have it clearly posted that the game is closed. That way people can't buy the domain and start scamming people.

I understand though there is remaining reason that we ourselves can not fish out and find out. The only people that would know and understand is Disney and MAYBE people who work for the, even though they might not care at all.

The most logical reason though is so they have complete control over the URL...they do not want someone else taking it.

The most logical reason though is so they have complete control over the URL...they do not want someone else taking it.

Than why not toontown or pixie hollow

Than why not toontown or pixie hollowSorry for duplicate messsages new tablet doesnt support the sight well

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back