Mini Bosses

Should Mini Bosses' loot rate be buffed?

• Yes

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Captain Hawk

Buccaneer
Ahoy there!

Every looter in the caribbean knows this feeling, whether your looting thrall hall/room, shallow runs, gold room, or etc. Every now then you will see this mini boss that has a hell of a lot more health than regular enemies you're endlessly looting.

These mini bosses are a sight you hate to see, you go over to kill it and it could drop anything just like the regular enemies but with a questionably higher percentage. It has been said that they have a "much higher" loot drop rate, whether this is true or not, it is definitely not noticeable, i cannot tell you how many mini bosses i have killed and gotten either nothing or a lousy loot pouch. How is this fair?

It takes more time and effort to kill and messes with the flow of things. For example you're using desolation for gold room, you're left with an estimated 1600 health and this mini boss still has more than 75% of its health. Now you're forced to take out a different weapon and defeat this mini boss and in the time being the rest of the enemies have respawned and are aggroed onto you, you've taken them out as well and now one enemy has been respawned (the one that replaces the mini boss) now you have to wait until all are respawned so that you can loot efficiently. I believe the staff should turn the mini bosses into a sight you love to see rather than hate. If they made these mini bosses more rare but either greatly increased chances of skull chests dropping or straight up guaranteeing a treasure chest and above, i'm sure most would be thrilled. I believe I speak for most if not all looters when i say, we hate seeing mini bosses. This is my idea/opinion you don't have to agree with it. However you may feel, please leave your thoughts below

I can agree with this. Minibosses should have a much higher chance for skulls & chests. They are already so rare.

I can vouch towards them currently dropping garbage: I've looted a lot on TLOPO & I've always killed every miniboss I've come across. There have only been 2 encounters where I've managed to get a skull from a miniboss. A significant buff towards these enemies would be a great addition to the game. Great, and I mean, great idea pal. :) <3

edit: reread your post. I do NOT believe minibosses have any higher chance of dropping anything other than a loot pouch. Typically it's always a loot pouch.

Last edited:
Thank you :) i'm not sure if this is accurate, but this is what i found while fact checking myself. @Sal
Screenshot (86)_LI.jpg

Thank you :) i'm not sure if this is accurate, but this is what i found while fact checking myself. @Sal View attachment 121008
Thanks, but that's not going to change my mind nor will any staff. Minibosses appear to have either the same loot drop chance as all enemies or a slightly, and I mean extremely slightly, increase. There's no way they have a "much higher loot drop rate" as that wiki page states.

Thanks, but that's not going to change my mind nor will any staff. Minibosses appear to have either the same loot drop chance as all enemies or a slightly, and I mean extremely slightly, increase. There's no way they have a "much higher loot drop rate" as that wiki page states.
I feel the same, i dont notice any difference if anything it feels like the complete opposite of what the wiki states, a skull from a mini boss seem more rare than a leg lol.

Reactions: Sal
I feel the same, i dont notice any difference if anything it feels like the complete opposite of what the wiki states, a skull from a mini boss seem more rare than a leg lol.
Yeah wiki says revenant ram can also be found in sea loot and fishing, so I personally wouldnt trust/rely on it too much

Back