How to file a Bug Report

Captain Star

Fantabulous Administrator
Admin
I recently sent Disney an email letting them know that the Bug Report function was not working. They replied back saying that they were not aware of any problems, and that maybe I did not know what I was doing, or I was submitting it incorrectly... (I have been playing since beta days, and yes, I do know how to send one, and yes correctly ;))
She did however, give me very detailed instructions, and I thought I would share them here :piratemickey:

PC players (Windows 32-bit):

1. On the Report A Bug web page, click on the first Browse button.

2. Copy this string based off your operating system type, and paste it in the File Name box:

\Program Files\Disney\Disney Online\PiratesOnline

3. Click the Open button; this will bring you to the PiratesOnline folder.

4. Click Date Modified at the top of the file list to sort by date.

5. Look for the most recent Launcher log file, based on its date:

launcher-yymmdd_hhmmss.log (yymmdd_hhmmss = year, month, day, hour, minute, seconds)

Please note: You may not see the .log extension if show file extensions are turned off in the Folder Options. If so, find the file icon that looks like a notepad.

6. Click on the file and then click the Open button; this attaches the first file to your Bug Report.

7. On the Report A Bug web page, click on the second Browse button, and repeat steps 2, 3, and 4.

8. Look for the most recent Pirates log file, based on its date:

pirates-yymmdd_hhmmss.log (yymmdd_hhmmss = year, month, day, hour, minute, seconds)

9. Click on the file and then click the Open button; this attaches this second file to your Bug Report.

10. After you’ve attached the two log files, please provide a Description, E-mail Address, and Account ID, then click on the Submit button.

PC Players (Windows 64-bit):

1. On the Report A Bug web page, click on the first Browse button.

2. Copy this string based off your operating system type, and paste it in the File Name box:

\Program Files (x86)\Disney\Disney Online\PiratesOnline

3. Click the Open button; this will bring you to the PiratesOnline folder.

4. Click Date Modified at the top of the file list to sort by date.

5. Look for the most recent Launcher log file, based on its date:

launcher-yymmdd_hhmmss.log (yymmdd_hhmmss = year, month, day, hour, minute, seconds)

Please note: You may not see the .log extension if show file extensions are turned off in the Folder Options. If so, find the file icon that looks like a notepad.

6. Click on the file and then click the Open button; this attaches the first file to your Bug Report.

7. On the Report A Bug web page, click on the second Browse button, and repeat steps 2, 3, and 4.

8. Look for the most recent Pirates log file, based on its date:

pirates-yymmdd_hhmmss.log (yymmdd_hhmmss = year, month, day, hour, minute, seconds)

9. Click on the file and then click the Open button; this attaches this second file to your Bug Report.

10. After you’ve attached the two log files, please provide a Description, E-mail Address, and Account ID, then click on the Submit button.

Mac Users

1. Click Finder on the Dock.

2. Click on Applications.

3. Hold down the CTRL/Control key and Click on the PiratesOnline.app icon (or right-click).

4. Select Show Package Contents.

5. Open the Contents Folder.

6. Open the MacOS Folder.

7. Click on the View Menu, select Arrange by, then choose Date Modified.

8. Look for the most recent Launcher log file, ans also the most recent Pirates log file, based on their dates:

Drag those two files to your desktop.

9. On the Report A Bug web page, click on the first Browse button.

10. In the File Upload window, Select Places, then Desktop.

11. Click on the launcher-yymmdd_hhmmss.log and then click Open; this attaches the first file to your Bug Report.

12. Click on the second Browse button.

13. In the File Upload window, Select Places and then Desktop.

14. Click on the pirates-yymmdd_hhmmss.log and then click Open; this attaches the second file to your Bug Report.

15. After you’ve attached the two log files, please provide a Description, E-mail Address, and Account ID, then click on the Submit button.

Once we have received the report we will review the log files and reply to you by email with any information we may have for you.

I have found a much easier way to do this... it will automatically put in your latest game log file and installer log file.

1. Go to your Pirates Online file:
Windows (64-bit)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Disney\Disney Online\PiratesOnline
Windows )32-bit)
C:\Program Files\Disney\Disney Online\Pirates Online

2. Scroll down until you find "bugreport"
BugPotco.JPG

3. Open it and fill in the description, email, account name, and add any screenshots you might want them to see.

4. Click submit and your done!

I know that you can just open that file with Internet Explorer or something they do support, Chrome is my default browser so that's why it is a Google Chrome file.
This is a direct quote from Disney:

Our website is designed to run on Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari. It sounds like you may be using an alternate web browser; I would suggest switching to one of the browsers mentioned above.

Back