Game Unplayable; Crashing Immediately

Alright, small update here. This fix seems temporary as 12 hours of playing later, I tried to launch the game and the same bug happened. I have to repeat all the fixes every time I want to play.

I can redownload or play the game it keeps giving me this

Error 526 Ray ID: 5a0c72a12cee03bc • 2020-06-09 17:07:14 UTC
Invalid SSL certificate

I'm not able to log in either is seems. my loading screen stays stuck on "Checking for updates" and won't progress :(

Not sure if it matters, but I play on a MacBook Pro!
At this point I think you will just have to contact support :/

Edit: you may have to login in order to use the feedback section of the website. Your login info is just your login info for the game itself.

Alright, small update here. This fix seems temporary as 12 hours of playing later, I tried to launch the game and the same bug happened. I have to repeat all the fixes every time I want to play.
Just a thought. Virus scanners running in the background causes, resource conflicts that the user doesn't even know about that the operating system works around via assorted delays and priority on the fly settings. There's plenty of debates whether leaving resource hogs like virus scanners running because they are known to be constantly going out to their companies site and servers for 'updates' and such. What you don't want to turn off is firewalls. Firewalls are different from virus scanners. I've always had firewalls and never had an active virus program ever running at all. Never had conflicts with games because of this. I've never been infected in 20 years that I know of, and I do virus scanning manually at least every week. Root kit scanning is imperative.

One reason why you get the problem again is probably when Tlopo updates a file, the virus scanner won't recognize it and you have to add Tlopo to the exclusion list yet again. This isn't Tlopo's fault. Virus scanner programs will never ever have a library of game files as they change daily. So the scanner program leaves it up to you to always do the work.
Here's my suggestion. Turn off your internet virus protection program completely before you start Tlopo at any time. Turn it back on when you're done. Do a virus scan of your computer after that if you're still paranoid. You will not get the coronavirus or blow up your computer if you turn off the resource hog while playing. Don't turn off firewalls. Sadly there's more fake destructive 3rd party 'virus scanners' out there than legit ones.

Check your computer time and make sure it matches the bios as well. Certs work on time and dates and if a power failure changed the computer system time then your cert library won't match the site certs. Very rarely is it the website certs.

When you reinstall turn off your virus protection while installing. Then turn your computer off and back on and that will restore your virus protection.

Back