Game of Thrones

Blackfyre>Targaryen
Uh, no. We're not going to see a Blackfyre rebellion in the show and I certainly hope there isnt another one in the next book. Now, if anyone is reading the books, I think that the kid that Tyrion meets on the boat, the one that is supposedly Aegon Targaryen, is a Blackfyre. Remember, Rhaegar's wife and kids were killed during Robert's Rebellion, Aegon's head was crushed by The Mountain that Rides.

Ok, so this might be getting a little bit into the history of Westeros ( I read that book last month), but it will explain the Blackfyre connection for those who do not know. One Targaryen king, Aegon IV, had MANY bastard children. Before he died, he legitimized ALL of his bastard children. One of them was named Daemon. After he was legitimized, he took the ancestral sword Blackfyre that Aegon the Conqueror wielded. He also took the name Blackfyre as his surname. The first Blackfyre rebellion happened when he challenged his half brother Daeron II Targaryen. The second Blackfyre Rebellion happened 15 years later, led by Daemon. 8 years after that, Bittersteel lead the third Blackfyre Rebellion for Haegon Blackfyre. Daemon II lead the 4th Blackfyre Rebellion in 236 AC (AC = is after Aegon the Conqueror took Westeros). The last 'rebellion' was the War of the Ninepenny Kings. It was lead by a Blackfyre who was the leader of the Golden Company, Maelys Blackfyre. Supposedly all the Blackfyres have been killed off. Illyrio Mopatis at least says so for the male line.

BUT, people have been theorizing that this 'Aegon' on that boat that Tyrion met, aka Young Griff, might be a Blackfyre. One reason people think this is because of what Quaithe told Daenerys, to beware "the mummer's dragon" in A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 11, Daenerys II.

"The glass candles are burning. Soon comes the pale mare, and after her the others. Kraken and dark flame, lion and griffin, the sun's son and the mummer'sdragon. Trust none of them. Remember the Undying. Beware the perfumed seneschal."

Personally, I think that this Young Griff is a Blackfyre.

For reference, info about Aegon Targaryen theories: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Aegon_Targaryen/Theories

Last edited:
is this some proven fact or people actually spent time thinking about it?

claps claps in both cases tho i wouldnt have guessed lol
Well Jon Snow was a bastard in which Ned brought home from the war but the theory goes is instead of the story that he.... made love to a tavern..... girl they believe it was what he found his sister to

I like the Rhaegar/Lyanna theory a lot more than I do Ned just suddenly deciding to forget his vows with his new wife and have a bastard son with some girl at a tavern.

I mean the guy died refusing to bow down and dishonor himself and allow the Lannisters to take over. I don't think a guy like that would dishonor himself and his wife in such a way as to have a bastard son.

Just my :2 cents:

Also is anyone else excited about seeing season 6 without a book to read before it? I think it'll be interesting to be able to watch the show without being like "oh yea this is when THAT happens".

Last edited:
I like the Rhaegar/Lyanna theory a lot more than I do Ned just suddenly deciding to forget his vows with his new wife and have a bastard son with some girl at a tavern.

I mean the guy died refusing to bow down and dishonor himself and allow the Lannisters to take over. I don't think a guy like that would dishonor himself and his wife in such a way as to have a bastard son.

Just my :2 cents:

Also is anyone else excited about seeing season 6 without a book to read before it? I think it'll be interesting to be able to watch the show without being like "oh yea this is when THAT happens".
I'm absolutely excited and wished it would come faster. Indeed I've felt that this has to be what happened rather than a bastard son. It couldn't and wouldn't be.

Just looked at the episode list and saw the 2nd to last episode is labeled The Battle of Bastards... I'm excited to see if Ramsay finally gets what's coming to him.

I don't think I have ever hated a character before as much as Ramsay Bolton haha - Sansa I believe would be the most fitting person for the job though :rolleyes:

I also heard the last episode of the season is expected to be longer than their normal 50-55min episodes

I don't think I have ever hated a character before as much as Ramsay Bolton haha - Sansa I believe would be the most fitting person for the job though :rolleyes:

I also heard the last episode of the season is expected to be longer than their normal 50-55min episodes

Yep, it's been said the episode is the longest episode yet on Game of Thrones at 69 minutes.

Back