AMD or Intel

• AMD

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • Intel

Votes: 25 56.8%

• Total voters

Jack Hexskull

Notorious Pirate
Just thought this would be an interesting thread to post because I would love to hear your responses, but what do you prefer: AMD or Intel?

Hopefully a full out argument does not start up between the two sides... :p

um -- in what context is this?
GPUs?
CPUs?

One cannot simply have a poll AMD vs Intel without specifying what they are vsing in.

I don't necessarily like either of them as whole but...
Intel makes better CPUs (I have AMD on my gaming pc.. :( )
AMD makes better GPUs (But I hate their GPUs... Nvidia ftw baby)

The over-clocking stability of Intel is far superior to AMD.
I like to swap motherboards a lot as well, and am currently using an ASUS Z170 Pro (for intel chip) with an 1151 socket and Intel is easier when modifying than an AMD processor.
Now this is just personal experience, but AMDs don't like to come out of their sockets easily, and can cause extreme moments of stress and sweaty palms, which you really don't want when swapping chips and boards.
My ASUS Prime X370 (for AMD chip) Pro board likes to run super hot as well, which I'm bothered by.
In fact, my dad rigged up a shop vacuum in the basement (for noise and convenience) and ran plumbing up to the rig through the wall, where it attaches to a port on my tower and sucks the bejeezus out of it, just to keep it cool.
But I'll be honest here, I do use both, depending on the application, and both pretty much rock on specific games.
And yes, I have a handful of processors from each, and I might be crazy this way, but each game needs tweaks and adjustments to run perfectly, and I take the 45 minutes before a serious all-nighter binge gaming session to get max results for a specific game.
And yes, I am insane...
LOL!

It is entirely dependent on budget and need. I like both companies equally as much. If I have the money and I want to make a nice gaming rig? Intel. However, if I am short on cash but still need a decent chip to tide me over till I can afford an Intel, I will purchase an AMD.

There is also what is available when absolute need kicks in.

My desktop history, first computer that was completely mine was a Pentium D 805 from Intel. Worked at the time but soon became too slow to do anything. Absolute need arose and I got a Walmart bought HP with an AMD Athlon II X4 650. nice quad core processor that ran circles around the Pentium D for quite a while until I started doing things that would bring the Athlon to a halt. From there, I upgraded parts at a time from an AMD FX-6300 to the Intel i7-2600 that I am using now. I lean towards whatever option gives me the most for the money I have in hand. Keep in mind that while I only used the fx-6300 for about a year and a half before getting the i7, it was still worth the $100 I spent on it. I still have it and it is sitting off to my right actually. Currently waiting until I have enough money to buy a new cooler for it so I can run the thing at 4Ghz.

What a comeback AMD did! I don't like how Intel monopolised the market in the course of the last years so should I ever come up with the need of building a new computer, that would be team red for me.

They've listened carefully to people's feedback and the result was far from being mediocre.
:2 cents:

Yeah, they've excelled in the production department and are nipping at Intel when it comes to gaming performance, out of 8 and 6 core chips with lower clock frequencies

I'd normally say Intel, but with the release of Ryzen... Well I really can't wait to see the future of AMD and if they decide to continue to compete this closely with Intel. If I'd be considering getting a new computer, I'd strongly be considering Zyzen.

Last edited:
If you have a high refresh rate monitor and pushing high frame rates from your gpu, then intel. Amd is good for multitasking and production or commercial work, as well as light gaming or 4k

AMDs new Ryzen chips are budget friendly and have both real and virtual cores. Once games utilise more threads in the future, AMDs new chips might be more future proof. But regardless, Intel is the best in terms of single threaded performance and I'm sure the next generations of Intel CPUs will counteract AMDs progress.

AMDs new Ryzen chips are budget friendly and have both real and virtual cores. Once games utilise more threads in the future, AMDs new chips might be more future proof. But regardless, Intel is the best in terms of single threaded performance and I'm sure the next generations of Intel CPUs will counteract AMDs progress.

You are correct. Though it might be a generation or two past that actually. Intel has had the next few generations planned for a long time. Though it is possible for them to scrap a generation to combat AMD if they release a more powerful ryzen architecture that is too close to Intel's newest i7 at the time of launch.

AMD= Advanced Micro Devices
Intel= Intel Integrated Electronics.

Well AMD devices will last shorter time span but give you good quality but intel gives you long life okay quality so I would 50 on amd and 75 on the intel.

AMD= Advanced Micro Devices
Intel= Intel Integrated Electronics.

Well AMD devices will last shorter time span but give you good quality but intel gives you long life okay quality so I would 50 on amd and 75 on the intel.
A corporation's acronym/name has nothing to do with the durability of their products.
Every product that these companies offer is different from the other so the lifespan varies. This is an invalid statement.

AMD for streaming and Intel for mostly gaming is how I see it :p if you're going to play hardcore games probably intel seeing that some games struggle when using AMD.

Just thought this would be an interesting thread to post because I would love to hear your responses, but what do you prefer: AMD or Intel?

Hopefully a full out argument does not start up between the two sides... :p

Man... I like AMD, but i swear they get so hot you can cook a steak on those suckers

Back