A Reformed Soul

Bart Gunshot

Site Founder
I've decided to write this because of recent events. This story has real people in it from Potco, and also some real events from Potco. Although I am using a more realistic Pirate scene, It still will relate to Potco in almost every circumstance. I hope that everyone likes this story it is my first story I've written, so it will be short, 4-6 paragraphs, but I hope that you can get something out of the story, as it has a "hidden" central message. Also feel free to leave comments stating your likes/dislikes and how I could improve. Also feel free to guess who these characters represent, as everyone of them are part of the forums.

And now I present...
A Reformed Soul
It all started a foggy night on Pillagers Straight. Thomas Skit was doing his normal run of rum from Le Gato De Feugo, a musty old tavern on Port De Plaix. To the Faithful Bride on Tortuga. Now Thomas did all these runs on his trusty Cargo Frigate, The Crimson Dragon. This ship had belonged to his father before he died a tragic death by the hand of Creckua Lapition, the most evil pirate there ever was, and still is to this day. Now Creckua Lapition, the day he killed Thomas' father Lapition disapeared and hadn't been seen since. Thomas had no idea what was about to happen on this spooky night.​

Thomas skit was about 8 leagues from Tortuga when suddenly there was a blast of a cannon, and a large modified War Frigate appeared from the fog. The upper deck suddenly exploded sending shrapnel everywhere. Thomas sprung into action right away, giving orders to his crew to return fire. Then there was another blast, and another, sending the deck into full chaos. About a third of Thomas' crew was dead, but he still believed that he could win. He gathered up the remaining crew and gave them all the command to shoot grape shot to damage the enemies' sails. They fired on command and sent a wave of grape shot hurtling at the enemy. The enemy ship fired back with a mixture of chain and round shot. Thomas rushed below deck to see the damage, the ship was taking on water. Just then another wave of shot crashed into the ship, Thomas heard the crack of a mast above and he realised he would not win. The ship was taking on more water than ever as Thomas rushed back up on deck he looked around all all he saw was his fallen crew mates, not a single soul left. The enemy ship was closer now and he realised the ship. It was the El Interruptor De Casco, Creckua Lapition's ship. Thomas knew the Crimson Dragon would sink to the depths in any moment. Thomas looked around as he knew this was the last time he would ever see the Crimson Dragon again. Then he Jumped off the Crimson Dragon as the El Interruptor De Casco fired it's last wave of shot.
crimsondragonvsship.png
Crimson Dragon vs El Interruptor De Casco
sail editing by: Bart Gunshot

Alright, you said we could take a wild guess, right? I am going to try, but I may say it too soon, so bear with me if these are not correct. I may change my guess later on depending on how the story evolves.

Since you said you created the story based on recent events, I'd like to guess that Creckua Lapition represented 'the malicious hacker who sank the ships of others out of nowhere'.

Sorry for the short paragraph today I'm kinda busy sorry :( I'll be sure to make up for it in the next paragraph.

It was now 4 days late. John, the bartender of the Faithful bride was panicing knowing that tomorrow evening the Tortugans would come in for their daily mug of rum. He would have nothing to give them, and he would loose all his customers and possibly even his head, leg, or something else the tortugans could chop off, as they get very angry when they don't get their rum.

Thomas had washed up on the outskirts of tortuga, a day eariler with no rum to deliever. He wanted revenge. His Father dead, his ship sunk, livelyhood gone. He would stop at nothing to get his revenge. The first thing he needed was a ship, and he knew exactly how he would get one.

Before Thomas could get his revenge he needed a sword, and maybe a gun or two. So he started walking casually towards the town center of tortuga, on his way pick-pocketing people for his supplies. Before he knew it he had a sword, a gun, a dagger, 18 shillings, 15 pence, and a black eye; which he'd rather not talk about. He looked around and he saw Kings Arm, and realised he was pretty thirsty. He went in and got mug of rum, or two, and came out an hour later, with 13 shillings and 9 pence. Next thing to do was get a ship. So he walked towards tortuga harbor, thinking about how he would get a ship and which one he liked most. The one that appealed to him the most was a large sloop with only 6 cannons, now Thomas knew that this was not war worthy, he would have to do alot of work to it, but he knew it was the one. Now, how would he get
it...

Thomas thought of all the possible ways of stealing the ship, yes stealing. And only one way seemed to fit; the hard way of course! He walked up to the dock and intetionly let the Shipwright see him take his bag of coins. The Shipwright was suppose to chase Thomas according to plan, But since when has anything gone to plan? The Shipwright called for guards and sure enough two guards started running towards Thomas. Thomas ran up a flight of stairs and across a bridge into town, the guards were right behind threating to shoot. Thomas ran through the alleyways of Tortuga hoping to wear down the guards. They were still right behind him. He ducked into a nearby shop, locked the door behind him and bolted for the other exit.

The guards broke down the door and charged in, bayonets cocked and loaded, and shot. Their aim was terrible as most guards in those times but one ended up shooting a large container of chicken feathers. Thomas couldnt see anything but white as the chicken feathers were everywhere. He heard another shot and the squeal of a chicken. He managed to find the exit, which happened to be locked from the other side. He drew his sword and dagger and waded through the endless chicken feathers. He found one guard and killed him with one swipe of his dagger. He heard the other guard getting closer. Thomas found the open door and ran down the alleyway back towards the harbor.

Now, finally to put his plan in action, well plan B that is. He went below the docks and found a longboat, rowed out to the ship and climbed up on deck. To his surprise no one was on deck, he checked below deck and there was no one as well. Thomas lowered the sails, cut loose the anchor, and set sail on his new ship. He looked at the ship's logs and they were empty, which was strange. But he found what he wanted to know, the ship's name. The
French name La Veuve Noire or The Black Widow.

I was in a writing mood today, hope you enjoy :)

Back