Trade

Would you like trade?

• Total voters
Trading has been one of the most requested, and rumored features of this game. Its been said to have been, "Coming" or "In the works" since the idea came about. We just simply don't know, for example; the Kraken. It was said to have been worked on and placed on the Test Sever for what, a day? It was told to have crashed all who encountered it, and it was simply too much work and was scrapped by DIMG. While there is no factual evidence of anything coming until it actually happens, we always have to be skeptical.

On the other hand, in videos and screen shots GMs have shown, they have the ability to trade to some extent, and more:​
Trading_Possiility1.png
(Picture not from credible source, but I think its legit)​

I heard a lot of rumors about it too, and Revive POTCO mentions it in a "list" of how Disney should improve the game in one of their letters I believe. At any rate, either Disney needs to rethink their loot system or trade needs to come out. I'm leaning towards it considering I've gotten 2 El Patrons, 3 Silver Freezes, 3 sets of the same db, and many other things over and over again on one of my other pirates. Really, all these repeats get old for many who loot a lot. Yet at the same time, I for one would like to be able to give some things to friends that I just don't need and something that they do need. Sure, you can say it takes away from the looting aspect. But honestly, when I first started out I didn't have a magically lucky pirate nor the patience to loot for hours on end to just get a few things. So I know how it feels to try for a while, and not get anything, and that's the kind of thing that leans some people to question why they even play this at all. Besides, if it does come out that doesn't mean you have to trade therefore it really doesn't hurt the player at all. So I guess if it doesn't come out, cool. If it does, cool. Sorry for the huge paragraph lol.

I heard a lot of rumors about it too, and Revive POTCO mentions it in a "list" of how Disney should improve the game in one of their letters I believe. At any rate, either Disney needs to rethink their loot system or trade needs to come out. I'm leaning towards it considering I've gotten 2 El Patrons, 3 Silver Freezes, 3 sets of the same db, and many other things over and over again on one of my other pirates. Really, all these repeats get old for many who loot a lot. Yet at the same time, I for one would like to be able to give some things to friends that I just don't need and something that they do need. Sure, you can say it takes away from the looting aspect. But honestly, when I first started out I didn't have a magically lucky pirate nor the patience to loot for hours on end to just get a few things. So I know how it feels to try for a while, and not get anything, and that's the kind of thing that leans some people to question why they even play this at all. Besides, if it does come out that doesn't mean you have to trade therefore it really doesn't hurt the player at all. So I guess if it doesn't come out, cool. If it does, cool. Sorry for the huge paragraph lol.

and just because trade comes out it wouldn't make these weapons any more common, like u said u have 2 elpatrons if u decided to trade one away there would stilll be 2 el patrons

The problem with trading, and the reason it probably won't happen, is because it just makes the game easier. Here's basically what will happen. For instance, I've looted 5 Lost Swords. A bunch of other people who have gotten doubles of their legendary cursed would happily give one away for a Lost Sword if they couldn't loot one. It would be much easier for them (and myself) to take the easier way out and just trade weapons. If I gave away all my double legendaries (4 Lost Swords and a Behemoth), then I would have all the legendaries right now, as I have the HOP and Abyss, as well as Silver Freeze. That would be plain silly, for a better word. Part of the point of looting is for the challenge, and trading would certainly be contradicting that point. You may say that you work just as hard for each legendary, but considering all of my Lost Swords have taken me little to no time to loot, and I have not gotten a legendary on my main pirate in the last 220k enemies, some person could just trade for legendaries while giving away his legendaries he barely took any time to acquire. Apart from that, and excuse me for saying this... but there is always the issue of hacking, where some people might steal accounts and just trade their legendaries to their main pirate. Trading could be useful, but the pros outweigh the cons IMO.

Ok, here are my thoughts.

No we should not be able to trade weapons or rams. That would like Captain Sharktooth says would make looting a waste of time and give everyone the same weapons. Each pirate is suppose to be different and we're suppose to create our own Notoriety in the Caribbean. If we're all the same whats the point?

However...

Yes we should be able to trade clothing, gold and ship materials. I for one cannot get enough oak to save my life when needing to get the next upgrade for my ship. Most of the ship materials are far too common and drop way too much. So, if someone is lacking in one material and another has more than enough, why not trade.

Items that do not directly enhance the game play (gold, clothes and ship materials) could be traded. I know someone might argue that ship mats do directly enhance the game, however its not just ship mats that you need for an upgrade. You also have to have a ton of gold for each level, plus the right ship (no lights). Also, sailing is very different from using a pistol or other land weapon as well as cannons. Not everyone is a good sailor, just like not everyone is a good driver in real.

Items that do directly enhance the game play (weapons) make the pirate stronger. This is where we should always be different from one another as well as different from our enemies. It takes nothing to point, click and fight in the game. A strong weapon makes a stronger pirate. These items do not depend solely upon how the player controls the pirate. My 6 yr old isnt the best player, but he can kill the same type of enemies as anyone with the same weapons. But he cannot sail to save his life.

I've played on a number of games in which trade is active(Nanovor,Lego Universe) and from my own experiences of trade on these games it makes the game anything but easier, since there is the occasional nice person who would give u the extra weapon, but then there is the person who askes for half,or all the money you have collected.

Back