Guilds

Remy

Wanted Pirate
I know pirate's is closed but there is other games that have guild's. & I know some people really don't like guild's. But I just created this thread to see what other's like the most about guild's. & What people like the most about being a Guildmaster or Co guildmaster. So what do you like the most about guilds?.

The thing that I liked the most about POTCO guilds (and I guess you can say this about 'all' guilds in general for games) is that they allow each of us to understand the very type of leaders we ought to try to be in life.

On POTCO, I upheld the GM status for a very long time and although I would have liked to have created for my own self a guild on the game which was both effective and "memorable" (both my 'recruitment' and log-in time on POTCO was few and far between), I feel that everything worked out as it should have because I quickly began to understand that the biggest temptation certain GM's on POTCO were subjecting themselves to (wrongly) was the thinking that the purpose behind the guild itself was to serve the self-interests and/or needs of that particular GM.

From my own experiences and understanding, I have learned that true leadership begins not with the desire of wanting others to blindly follow you but rather, to assist others to the point to where they were "empowered" to change - and change for the better.

*It's the difference between wanting to hold on v.s. letting go, of the "title" of becoming a pirate lord/GM...

18d1a2524c9195e511eed29baa27cf04.jpg

The thing that I liked the most about POTCO guilds (and I guess you can say this about 'all' guilds in general for games) is that they allow each of us to understand the very type of leaders we ought to try to be in life.

On POTCO, I upheld the GM status for a very long time and although I would have liked to have created for my own self a guild on the game which was both effective and "memorable" (both my 'recruitment' and log-in time on POTCO was few and far between), I feel that everything worked out as it should have because I quickly began to understand that the biggest temptation certain GM's on POTCO were subjecting themselves to (wrongly) was the thinking that the purpose behind the guild itself was to serve the self-interests and/or needs of that particular GM.

From my own experiences and understanding, I have learned that true leadership begins not with the desire of wanting others to blindly follow you but rather, to assist others to the point to where they were "empowered" to change - and change for the better.

*It's the difference between wanting to hold on v.s. letting go, of the "title" of becoming a pirate lord/GM...

18d1a2524c9195e511eed29baa27cf04.jpg

I strongly agree with you i was a GM in potco and the best part of my experience as GM was when i actually got to help my guild mates and not have them help me. That is how a good guild should be ran everyone helps everyone and the higher officers plan activities and fun for the newer or lower ranking members. Oh and especially birthdays xD that was fun :p.

Couldn't help but post on this thread, a guildmaster is all about helping others, and providing the leadership that the other mates need. You are who they look to for answers, but you are also the one they look to for a friend. I led a very successful guild back in '08-2010, but then fell apart when I returned in 2012. It took us a long time to build up the name of our guild, but friendship always prevails (at least in this case :p )

I agree Friendship always prevails! Wouldn't be where I am today without my Friends/Guild. I agree being a Guildmaster is all about helping other's and providing leadership that other's need. Helping has to be my favorite part of being a Guildmaster, Loved helping other's with quest's and leveling in pirates online. :) Guilds had to be my favorite part of pirates online.

Back