A Demon's Tail

Hector wargull

Site Founder
Notice: No relation to potco
Daidreth and all the other imps were both excited and terrified. Both are justifiable. Training was about to begin. The massive Dothgol, Tannag was their instructor. Being terrified was very appropriate. Failure meant he would fight the flunky. More accurately, Failure meant that their instructor would massacre the flunkies." All right you maggots. We start today. This year we have something special planned for the flunkies. I will throw them into the volcano! If you can crawl out, you pass. Alright, as usual we start out by hunting to survive. Anything you see that looks remotely edible, kill it! Grab the gear on that table." Several of the more noble imps looked disgusted at the knives, bows, and arrows on the table, but a lot of the common imps were relieved. Noble imps can easily can guess what type of Demon they will be, big and strong. Common imps can be expected to grow to be small, but quick and smart. That's how you tell a Demon's intelligence, by how small it is. I am a common imp, so I expect I will be small. However, from what I have seen a big Demon is easier to trap. A bow and knife feel like they are made for me. So I just grabbed em. They were all the same quality, bad. But as a common Demon, I can expect to have bad gear. I expected that we would be walked to the jungle on the island, but surprise surprise. He made a portal and kicked us into it. I should give you a size comparison; Imps average about 3 feet tall, and a full grown Dothgol is on average 12 feet tall at the shoulder, and Tannag was an exceptionally large. One kick was all it took as we were all pressed together trying to grab the weapons. When I got out of the pack, we were in a forest that none of us had seen. Tradition states that we must hunt alone, and Noble Imps would follow it to the end. The common Imps are a good bit smaller then the Noble ones. So we form a pack. We already we are skilled archers, so we guessed we would be okay. We decided to make a camp first, after much snarling and clawing. We searched for only a few minutes before we found the perfect spot. A large cave with a clearing in front of it. After that we all went hunting. I don't know about the other hunters, except that 2 never came back.
E N D O F C H A P T E R

Back