The Infestation of Padres del Fuego

Anaximander

Wanted Pirate
Chapter I (preview):
In the old, creaky, run down, rum splattered tavern the Faithful Bride on Tortuga, the pirate Captain Jack Sparrow sat at a table close to the bar. "Well I did know a nice young man named Olivier, but he worked on a French merchant ship before, so I wouldn't trust him" Jack spoke to a shadowy, scarlet coated figure next to him. "And that old goon Gunner has gone to Avarica's island to strike a deal with one of his old friends there".
"Privateers!" loudly whispered the other man. "Jack, we must go to Padres ourselves". "Can't do that" said Jack, "Gibbs and the rest of the crew are in Aruba, hunting one of my old EITC enemies. If you think you'll go, eh, I'm not coming mate, savy?"
"Aha, so I must go with my own crew, not a bad proposition, but it will be risky without the pearl" said the other man. "I know it'll be risky Enrique, mate, otherwise I wouldn't have called anyone else, ha!" replied Jack. And so he left the tavern almost shouting "If you don't succeed, just don't blame me. May fair winds find ye!"

Chapter 2
The dull thud of heavy boots echoed across the room as a wiry man in an black guard coat paced. "My lord, commander Neban will not be able to hold of Roger's entire army if he comes" said Samuel, Neban the silent's most trusted henchman. The clanging of a metal spoon against a cup filled the room as the other man stood up.
His beady brown eyes darted at Samuel. Beads of perspiration trickled down Samuels forehead at that exact moment. "May I propose that you send Dragoon Commander Grimm to assist us?" he asked nervously.
"Tell Neban you will get all the help you need, Padres del Fuego is an island too valuable to lose" said the other man in a soft and serene voice. "I shall send both Grimm and a representative. The only available one at the moment is Edward Lohand. He will deal with the governor's involvement in all of this".
"Yes, lord Beckett" said Samuel heading for the door while dabbing his forehead with a handkerchief. "The Governor has been quite independent lately". And so he departed from Port Royal followed by two Navy Marines, leading him to his ship. The flags of the East India Trading company billowed in the wind behind them.

note: I cannot indent, so do not be surprised by lack of separate paragraphs.Chapter 3
A heavily manned war sloop sped swiftly on the breeze from the solemn grey castle of Kingshead, its rear labeled in gold letters EITC Corsair. Their destination: the large island to the Southeast, topped by a blackened volcano seaping fiery lava into the sea where it evaporated into a dense and foggy steam. The Spaniards who had settled the island named it Padres del Fuego: Parent of Fire.
On the ship went a man clothed in a fine velvet midnight black coat with polished golden buttons, holding in his hand a triangular hat the same color as his coat. An orange beard studded his face pink face.
Beside him stood another man in the garb of the Royal Navy, a plain red coat with two stripes making an x over his chest. Relatively unkempt dark hair blew in the wind as he gazed mysteriously at the sea.
"Commander Grimm, when do you believe we shall arrive" aked the man in black.
"An hour or so, as the wind goes like this" he replied turning back to the other. "Tell me Mr.Lohand, how do you plan to persuade the governor that, ugh..that skeleton...Roger is about to attack his island".
"Commander, the governor is scared, scared of us, scared of Lord Beckett's assassins, it will be easy to threaten him" Lohand replied with a smirk.
The governor was afraid, afraid of Beckett, even afraid of the pirates, but he would be in such fear when Jolly Roger and his horde of undead came, that he would not be able to comprehend his own senses.Chapter 4
The filthy foul smelling undead crouched like wild animals behind the stone cliffs on the edge of Las Pulgas, the less populated town on Padres del Fuego. Leading them was Timiothy Dartan with short dark black hair, or what was left of it, and yellowish bones protruding from his tattered vest. In his left hand he held a voodoo doll, wrapped in cloth. He took a chug of rum from his flask.
Their plan was to sneak from behind the cliffs on the beach and ambush the town.
"Come on you maggots, were about to get to the town, don't want you waking any of them up!" he said in a raspy voice.
They crept to the face of the red-caramel colored cliff, its shadow covering them in the evening sun.
"Attack!" Dartan cried as the undead raiders, mightiest of Jolly Roger's servants beserked into the town. Citizens screamed, knocking over their market stand and rushing into their homes. Some of the undead carried torches and burned many buildings, their smoke rising up and clouding the air. There was mayhem. A few navy soldiers patrolling the town attempted to resist but were cursed in a flash of purple light, and dropped dead by Timothy Dartan's voodoo powers.
Then from the darkness came Sven Thornhammer and Roger Ironbreaker the blacksmiths of the town carrying their large broadswords and hacking at the undead raiders. And behind them came Heartless Rosaline the gypsy carrying a twisted oak staff with an emerald gem at its top.
"You will never take Las Pulgas!" she cried, a dark magic slowly curling around the top of her staff.
"Ha!, we are servants of Jolly Roger, we cannot die!" Timothy Dartan cried and at that moment he released a powerful hex that lit her clothes on fire. She released the magic on her staff and both she, Sven, and Roger were blown in the air and flew into the ocean unconscious, lost among the confusion of the raid.
Las Pulgas was taken.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be interested to see ye "expand" on this storyline - matey - if perhaps you have the time someday inorder to do so. :D

*In light of the recent happenings (and possible changes) on Padres, I am waiting on the edge of me seat here, lol. :)

To all:
I've been away for some time, I hope to continue during the week.;)note: For the geography of Padres del Fuego I am using the new version of the island. I simply could not find a good map of the old one, and I don't remember it well enough to write about it without research

Chapter 5:
The Spanish governor of Padres del Fuego sat behind his wooden desk. He had curly black hair and a short beard. A knock came on his door and one of his soldiers stepped in looking worried. He wore the red uniform of a spanish soldier, and wore a yellow feather in his cap.
"My lord, there has been an attack, on Las Pulgas!" he cried.
"Who, pirates, who was it, how were we attacked!" the governor stood up violently from his seat, spilling an ink bottle over the desk.
"They were like skeletons, but they were pirates, undead and they had a voodoo gypsy with them."
The governor breathed in through his nose.
"We have less then fifty of our men on the island, and a few dozen English navy-men. Nonetheless I do not believe we are being attacked by undead, probably some pirate crew, we must send men into El Sudoron and keep the invaders at bay. In the mean time, do we have any help we can get?"
"There is a guild of mercenary pirates looking to help my lord. They call themselves the Casa de Muertos."
"Pirates," the governor scowled, a fierce look in his eyes, "they cannot be trusted, but I will pay them very well. So long as they get their gold they will help us. Who is their captain?"
"Captain Ezekiel Rott my lord."
"Bring him to Fort Dundee, tell him that half his guild is too man the fort's cannons. The others will lead their ships into Las Pulgas. These are desperate times captain, I hope you will not fail me."
"I will not my lord," the captain replied and saluted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back