Question Sudden Internet Problems

My suggestion is to either call your isp or use a vpn. Try to get John FoulRoberts' attention, Hes pretty tech savvy :)
I can't even get a vpn on my laptop because it's so bad. This is my speed with the assistance of a vpn...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-09-22-22-16-48.png
    Screenshot_2016-09-22-22-16-48.png
    873.9 KB · Views: 106
uh, best thing i can think of is to just get in touch with your isp, and see if theres an easy fix. Could just have a lot of traffic tonight for some reason

Initial questions:
  • Have you tried rebooting your modem and router?
  • Are you on a wireless or wired connection?
  • What should your projected speed be from your ISP?

Centurylink.....They are really bad. I've tried getting my mom to switch but she doesn't listen

Then there is your answer, the problem is in your Internet provider. Why do people think that they are responsible for some problem they have? If a process crashes, it probably tried to dereference a null pointer, to access/use a protected address or access out of boundaries memory or something else. If you have a problem with establishing a connection with a website, it MAY be the server's side fault. If your internet is slower than it should be, it may be your ISP. It's not always the user's fault, therefore there is little to nothing you can do about it.

Initial questions:
  • Have you tried rebooting your modem and router?
  • Are you on a wireless or wired connection?
  • What should your projected speed be from your ISP?
Hello John I'm sorry for the late reply. I came home after school about to call my isp but when I checked it was back to normal. It's not the first time this has happened either.

Hello John I'm sorry for the late reply. I came home after school about to call my isp but when I checked it was back to normal. It's not the first time this has happened either.
Your ISP might have just been having a service disruption. Often times if you call your ISP and inquire about an outage, they'll usually be able to tell you whether or not there is one in your area.

Back