READ: information about a new virus

corey

Pirate Lord
Do not open any message with an attachment entitled POSTCARD FROM HALLMARK, regardless of who sent it to you. It is a virus which opens A POSTCARD IMAGE, which 'burns' the whole hard disc C of your computer.This virus will be received from someone who has your e-mail address in his/her contact list.If you receive a mail called' POSTCARD,' even though sent to you by a friend, do not open it! Shut down your computer immediately. This is the worst virus announced by CNN.It has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive virus ever. This virus was discovered by McAfee yesterday, and there is no repair yet for this kind of virus. This virus simply destroys the Zero Sector of the Hard Disc, where the vital information is kept. i copy and pasted this from a website. idk if its true but better be safe then sorry

Im pretty sure you dont need to shut down your computer if you did not click on the file. Many viruses need permission to continue and install or download to your computer (meaning you first have to open the file or click on the link). All you have to do is delete the message without opening it. Even if you opened the message does not mean your computer is infected since you did not click on the attachment. If an e-mail comes with an attachment, its never a good idea to open the attachment even if it comes from a close friend. Instead, call your friend and ask him/her if they sent an e-mail with an attachment and they know what they attached just to make sure its not a virus.

actually a virus was downloaded on my old comp without opening any attachments. its was an email from "UPS" supposedly.

Holy crud I got an email from Hallmark like 2 days ago. Luckily I don't check any of my emails unless it's from someplace I applied to our from a friend.

I got a virus thing a few days ago when I was on youtube it said:
"Hes dead Jim..."
then shut down, re-booted and updated all by itself and then shut down again lol..

actually a virus was downloaded on my old comp without opening any attachments. its was an email from "UPS" supposedly.
In that case it wasnt a virus, it was a worm. A Computer Worm is a self-replicating malware computer program which uses a computer network to send copies of itself to other nodes (computers on the network) and it may do so without any user intervention. This is due to security shortcomings on the target computer. Unlike a computer virus, it does not need to attach itself to an existing program. Worms almost always cause at least some harm to the network, even if only by consuming bandwidth, whereas viruses almost always corrupt or modify files on a targeted computer.

In order for a computer virus to replicate itself, it must be permitted to execute code and write to memory. For this reason, many viruses attach themselves to executable files that may be part of legitimate programs. If a user attempts to launch an infected program, the virus' code may be executed simultaneously.

Last night i was listing to music when it like exit-ed out of internet exploer (how ever you spell it) and it said that my computer got a virus and if i didnt do anything my computer could be hacked and used in crimals stuff and that my personal info can be let out at any time. it scaredm e so i rebooted my computer then turned off the computer and went to sleep. is that a virus people can send to computers, even without opening emails and stuff like that?

Back