Guide One Button Camera Lock

Zenechules

Dockworker
Hi everybody, I've recently started playing TLOPO and one of the biggest pet peeves of mine coming from years of playing MMOs and other modern luxuries is the ability to have the camera follow your cursor, instead of you having to manually hold right click and pan around.

I've found a solution for this (Not sure if links are allowed so simply google the program)

You'll need a program named "AutoHotkey"

When you get it installed, you should have a script file ready to go in your Documents folder, if there isn't simply make a notepad text document and save it as "WhateverNameYouWant.ahk" < That .ahk is the important part, as it allows AutoHotkey to read the script.

If it worked, when you right click the file it should say "Edit Script" and it should open in notepad when clicked.
Next, put the following lines of code into your script

[::Click Down Right ;Press [ to hold the right mouse button down
]::Click Up Right ;] to release the right mouse button

Now save and exit the script, double click it and start Pirates, when you're in game press [ to enable camera lock and ] to disable it

Hopefully I'll help at least one person with this! Happy Holidays everyone :)

EDIT: After playing with this set up for a little while, I've found it easier to cancel the camera lock by right clicking (for looting, quests, items, etc) and re-enabling it by pressing z or a similar key close to my hand, or one on the mouse. If you want to do this or set your own custom key(s) simply change the first [ and ] in the script to your desired keys. (I changed [ to z)

(Aforementioned, you can cancel the camera lock by right clicking, so a lock button that's easily accessible is advised for proficiency) ~ Cheers!

Last edited:
The arrow keys, eh? I wish I could use those but it's so dreadfully awkward for someone whose used mouse to look around for years.

Back