I need some help with a few things...

brianizweird

Wanted Pirate
So I'm needing some help. As you probably know, I'm an author. I have gotten too many ideas for stories, and I have too little notebooks, and I can't bring a laptop everywhere around with me, that would be too much weight, and I've just started a story, and now I've gotten a new Idea, that I'm more interested in, except this idea, I'll feel like I'm plagiarizing it from the YouTuber Betsy Lee, from her YouTube series 'No Evil'. I really like the idea of people being able to shape-shift into humanistic animals, like the animals in fable, who are gifted in their own fields, and I also like the idea of the tuning fork that Calamity has, and the fact that he can control water with it, and that Huehuecoatyl is a trouble-maker, and that Ichabod is smart, ect. So, there's two problems: I have too many ideas for stories, and I don't want to plagiarize Betsy Lee's AMAZING idea! (Oh, and btw, sorry I haven't been posting lately, I've gotten to camp, and I have to do some summer HW, so I don't really have a big amount of time, and in my free time, I'm pondering new ideas to add onto stories, and trust me, that's hard, especially since I have the two problems above. So, once again, I apoligize, and I'm finally ALIVE and typing again! :)) So please, if you can, please help me! this is really starting to overwelm me, and since it's summer, and heat rises, sitting up in my room isn't the best place to be to think a bout ideas, except it's easiest to think in my room! It would mean the world to me if anybody could help me, because I really want to somehow publish one of my books, when I actually find an idea that won't be chased away by another, so I can finish a book! Who knew it would be so hard to just write a BOOK! Words on a page can be so hard sometimes, especially if you aren't sure if many people will like it (And that's why I'd prefer to show you, my friends, at least a preview of the story, first!).

Last edited:
My tip would be this:
Taking inspiration from another story is not wrong, but be yourself. Definitely don't plagiarize (especially if you intend to publish the story for the world to see). Write down whatever comes to you, and then make revisions later. Sometimes the best way to get a well-rounded story is to start with something a little sloppy and then begin to mold it into something great.

My tip would be this:
Taking inspiration from another story is not wrong, but be yourself. Definitely don't plagiarize (especially if you intend to publish the story for the world to see). Write down whatever comes to you, and then make revisions later. Sometimes the best way to get a well-rounded story is to start with something a little sloppy and then begin to mold it into something great.
I've heard about the making the story messy before, but I'm very clean with my stories, even with a rough draft. I like to make it sound like an actual story in the notebook, but then when I type it out, I like to fix things and clean things up a little more, so basically my vampire story is actually really revised and changed from what is in the notebook. So, This is a problem with starting out messy, and then cleaning it up afterwards, it's one of my pet peeves: messy writing. But, usually, if I'm really into the story, I do just write down whatever pops into my head, and it's almost as if I don't even have control of my hand. I actually don't know what's gonna happen next, so I do sorta be messy, in which annoys me, but it still sounds like an actual story, and goes along with the plotline very well, so I just go with it after cleaning it up.

I know this is WAY late,but heres an example of what I did when I was in this situation.I had two ideas for a scifi movie.One would be in a futuristic Milky Way galaxy at a civil war.The other would be about a space roman empire invading human planets.I came to a fix when I decided to merge them,kind of how Star Wars happens in the same galaxy but at different times?I established that the stories would take place in a distant future milky way and have unexplored planets in the milky way.I planned for 3 trilogies of books as well as 3 spinoff books.

I know this is WAY late,but heres an example of what I did when I was in this situation.I had two ideas for a scifi movie.One would be in a futuristic Milky Way galaxy at a civil war.The other would be about a space roman empire invading human planets.I came to a fix when I decided to merge them,kind of how Star Wars happens in the same galaxy but at different times?I established that the stories would take place in a distant future milky way and have unexplored planets in the milky way.I planned for 3 trilogies of books as well as 3 spinoff books.
That honestly sounds really cool! and btw, since I, as I have said before, I don't have way too many ideas for stories, so I have stopped this idea. so, I have also actually stopped my work on authoring and ive gone into scriptwriting for a youtube series.
you cud always do something about dinoz
Well, in this series that I'm planning, it is supposed to be set in the present day, although sme characters may be retro, with their sense in style and maybe they will be playing a Gameboy Advanced or something.

Reactions: TNT
Back