How have I gotten this far? How have you?

Jason Bladefury

Honorable Pirate
I did not have the same story as an average pirate one chapter behind. I did not believe I would even LIKE pirate of the caribean. But when I decided to give the game a try it just rocked my world. I watched the movies. I wanted more. I came from the clueless noob who knew nothing to something of an expert of the game. I came from being looked down to to being looked up to. I came from being a lvl 14 to a lvl 38. How have I become this person in POCTO. Sometimes I wish that I did things for the guild that I can't. For instance recently guild drama has risen dramatically. It was unintentionally my fault. It ended in a way that we all agreed never to speak of again. Or more people will leave. Even the gm. Which will be very tragic. But it unfortunately ended with a bang. I wish it could have been different. I have had my mistakes, my good moments, my funny moments, my sad moments, and my guild moments that make us feel... Like a family. That is what our goal is supposed to be in that guild. I have shared my moments what are yours, whether it be sad, happy, a guild moment, a moment with fellow pirates you name it. I want to know.

Thinking to myself about my own POTCO experiences, I can share with ye mates that my pirate life :daggermouth: began very simplified (to say the least). In other words...I had absolutely no idea what I was doing nor understood completely the pirate community which readily existed on the game to which existed.
During my pirate "youth," I was a NOOB in every sense of the word, rofl. :facepalm: *There were many, many things I did not fully understand. ~ POTCO :piratemickey:became the very first MMO game that I would ever play! As a result, I struggled at first to understand:
  • POTCO leveling up (I relied upon 'quests' to familiarize myself at first with the game)
  • POTCO guilds (did not agree 'and still don't' towards strict potco game rules; game to me was suppose to remain fun, not reflect the control issues/politics so often experienced in reality)
  • POTCO lingo ('tp' to me meant toilet paper & 'lol'/'rofl' reminded me of something a dog would say as a result of its' tongue salivating over the site of a bowl of kibble)
  • POTCO "dating" (I was surprised at first that people in real would actually 'try' to remained attached to someone special to them, while on the game; later I understood how relationships naturally grew, on account of 'knowing' someone)
  • POTCO ranking
As the months turned into years, I understood - as pirate :eek: - that POTCO was more that just a game to me; It became a true "way of life," as an individual searching for some escapism from the daily grind & pressures of LIFE. *As a result, feelings of excitement, joy, sadness, happiness, love, confusion, contempment, etc. have all been felt by myself as a scallywag of a pirate....Arrrgh! :flag:

When you first join POTCO, some thing your are like wow! they do that? then after a while of playing, you used to it and when someone else says that you say heck yeh we do that, why wouldn't we or something like that. Now everyone's used to it pretty much. Dating in the game is okay, but getting married in there if you have ever seen that, i think is just taking to a little too far.

I remember the day I joined like it was yesterday..... it was May 11, 2011......... I created my first pirate, Jason O'Connell and set off on a journey. Um.... that's all I remember lol xD

A friend introduced me to POTCO, and I liked the movie series. Watched them all. My first pirate's name was Jack Darkwalker. I was pretty addicted to the game, spent almost all day every day on there. I didn't know much about looting at all but somehow managed to loot only a few good things after a long time in game. After about half a year, I quit. There was way too much drama happening in my guild, it was falling apart, I kept finding out that friends who I thought were there for me really weren't and overall it was an unpleasant experience. I kept in contact with a few close friends I met in game, and they wanted me to come back so I waited a few months and made Scorpion last year in somewhere around March, I believe. Now, I've become much better at pvp/svs as well as looting, my knowledge of the game itself and how things work has increased and I'd say it's a good balance between a simple and complicated game. Shifted guilds from here to there, but overall it's been a fun experience and I've found a home in the guild Masters And Skulls, and made quite the awesome group of friends.

I remember the first days of POTCO, I was introduced to the game from the old commercials on TV. So a few weeks after I saw the commercial I made my account. First things I noticed was how the pirate customization did not match up to the trailers at all. But at that time I didn't think about it that much. I ended up making my first pirate Bart Gunshot very very quickly without thinking much about how he looked or anything of that matter. I clicked done and jumped right into the game. One aspect that caught my attention was the music of POTCO, and the feeling of playing the game, not knowing what would happen next.

A short time later I was getting the hang of the game and learning the internet language (lol, rofl, etc). I had just finished the limit of where you could go for the Black Pearl quest. I was very sad at this because I wanted to sail the Black Pearl, and help Jack Sparrow. I then got a membership and continued on. Around level 19 I started getting socially active in potco. I met two friends who have since quit but I will remember forever, David Dampflint, and Captain Miles. David Dampflint taugh me a ton about glitching, and I still consider myself to be one of the best glitch finder (Although I do not play anymore, and I usually report any glitch I find to see how long it takes to patch :rolleyes: ). Around level 23 I met my still to this day friend, Gastro.

After I hit level 50 on my first pirate I started a new pirate with the same name. This time I paid more attention to the details of the pirate. On this pirate I met a ton of new friends most of whom I am still friends with some notable people are; Lord Drake, Jack Survyfoote, Skylogic, and Serena Eclipse. Although I may have had issues with one or two of them they are still my closest POTCO friends to this day.

Although I have recently quit POTCO due to lack of updates, hackers, troublemakers, etc. I will remember all of these people hopefully forever. As they have helped me not only become more of internet savvy person, but also a non-socially awkard person in real life. I also hope to be apart of these forums and the POTCO commuinity as long as I can.

:parrot: :drink::parrot:

I started off playing with a few friends back in the day I don't remember how I exactly started... I think a friend might have given me my current account just after he created Redhorn. I spent my time wandering around the world of POTCO and attacking whoever I could. I never really paid attention to the quests but I did do the Black Pearl quest as far as you could with basic access. I remember the Unlimited Access weekends, and trying to play as much as possible to level my dagger (I got it up to level 5) and then realizing I would not be able to use it once the weekend ended. I wasn't extremely interested in the game, although I played a little bit now and then and got my pirate up to notoriety 13. That was February 2008.

I don't exactly remember what brought me back to POTCO but I came back in September 2010, again playing as a basic access member for a short time. I met one of my best friends, Bella (who is no longer active), at that time called Heartrage. We and a few other friends (who have all left the game as well) played a lot, leveling in Fort Charles, wandering around, just having fun. I decided to get Unlimited Access after seeing how much I was missing out on. I played almost everyday, normally getting a notoriety level each time I played. I got up to level 27 (normally trying to catch up to Bella), before I joined the guild Spania (or Spainia as I called it). I joined only because I saw they won the strongest guild competition, and I wanted in.

I had a lot of fun with Spania, although I hated the designated ranking days, and eventually got Bella to join too. Treasurer, the Guildmaster, encouraged me to join PiratesForums. I rejected him multiple times until I gave in and agreed to join. In October 2010, I became the 79th member on the forums and learned a lot about the game. Just after joining the forums, my computer had ... issues ... and it wouldn't let me play POTCO... I was really bummed, but glad that I could still chat with my forum friends and my guild (the forums were mainly composed of Spania members). In early November, I upgraded to a Windows 7 and was able to play again. I played with my guild Spania, and enjoyed hosting many parties through the forums. It was there where I met some of my best friends, Ally, Bill O'Wrecker, Captain Star, and many other great friends, mostly who have left the game. My Spania chapter ended abruptly when I left to join Bella in a new guild, Spartans Savviest.

Bella and I only stayed in Spartans Savviest for a few days, then in spring 2011, Bella made her own guild, which I joined. It was fun and I made a few good friends, one who I especially remember, Roronoa Zoro. He was a mastered pirate who I admired for his skill and knowledge in the game. I was in my high level 30s during that time, but the guild fell apart after everyone accidently got kicked from the guild.

I then noticed that McRaging was one of the best guild for ranking on the leaderboards. Although I hated ranking, I joined to be in one of the most widely known guilds. I joined at level 40, and played alongside the mighty McRagers up til I mastered. I had a lot of fun dancing, looting, and sailing with my guild. I met many great pirates who helped me in my quests and in the game in general. Pretty Polly and Themgrind helped me learn about the game and increase my knowledge in it significantly. With the help of my McRaging friends, I found the legendary Silver Freeze and began to become a 'serious' looter.

I left McRaging after an arguement about their no glitching policy. Around this time, April 2012, I became more active on PiratesForums and became a staff member as a News Reporter and was later asked to become and Album Moderator. I met many friends who I became very close with but a few I remember most were Basil Darkratte, Jade O'HayesJames O'Martin, and John Foulroberts, all who were fun to chat with and very nice people. I hopped guilds a lot but frequently went back to new, yet short living guilds created by Bella.

After a lot of guild hopping, I went to join the guild of some of my newer friends on the forums, Masters And Skulls. Under the leadership of my friend Esmerelda Sharkfellow (now called Punkin Pie), I had a lot of fun looting and exploring the game. I found my legendary Behemoth Blade the first day I joined, and new the guild was perfect for me. I met many great friends, including Danny Rooney, Edward McTimbers, and Seahawk. We all leveled together on our lower level pirates and enjoyed fighting bosses together.

I loved my new guild and my new friends, but decided to leave the guild because I thought it was too low level based for me. I joined the Dark Archive to meet many other looters like myself such as my good friend Captain Rai and many other pirates. I really enjoyed looting with my new guildmates and learned a lot about the game's looting system. I stayed in the guild during the summer of 2012, and really enjoyed my guildmates, but I became less and less active as time went on. Bella, known as Gypsy in late 2012 mysteriously quit the game.

In the early fall, I left the Dark Archive, just because I was becoming basic and inactive and no longer really liked being in a guild. I didn't play the game much from September to December, but was active on the forums where I continued to learn about the game and talk with my many friends. I started playing again in late December, but got in a dumb arguement with Punkin Pie which caused me to remove my third pirate from Masters And Skulls, which left me torn and sad. After a few weeks of this Pie and I made up and I got Unlimited Access. I then rejoined the Masters And Skulls with Captain Redhorn to make sure I could focus on the guild and be active.

My alternate pirate joined the Emerald Regiment, and is there today, where I have learned a lot of advanced information about the game and met some really cool people. To this date, Captain Redhorn is still in the Masters And Skulls, and I have really enjoyed being alongside some of my best friends, including and some new friends including Kelly Sunratte who is a fun looter to play with.

I have always enjoyed POTCO, and I hope I continue to be able to play and meet more friends and learn more about the game as time goes on. If any of you managed to read all of that and actually care, bravo.

~ Capt RedhornScreenshot from December, 2010: screenshot_2010-12-05_07-40-23.jpgScreenshot from December, 2011: screenshot_2011-12-13_15-51-40.jpg

Screenshot from August, 2012: screenshot_2012-08-10_21-22-42.jpg

Screenshot from Janruary, 2013: screenshot_2013-01-27_17-27-11.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
When I first joined, all I know is thatI had a lot of help with everthing I did. Then my guildmaster quit. Then soon I was the only one left in the guild...

I started off playing with a few friends back in the day I don't remember how I exactly started... I think a friend might have given me my current account just after he created Redhorn. I spent my time wandering around the world of POTCO and attacking whoever I could. I never really paid attention to the quests but I did do the Black Pearl quest as far as you could with basic access. I remember the Unlimited Access weekends, and trying to play as much as possible to level my dagger (I got it up to level 5) and then realizing I would not be able to use it once the weekend ended. I wasn't extremely interested in the game, although I played a little bit now and then and got my pirate up to notoriety 13. That was February 2008.

I don't exactly remember what brought me back to POTCO but I came back in September 2010, again playing as a basic access member for a short time. I met one of my best friends, Bella (who is no longer active), at that time called Heartrage. We and a few other friends (who have all left the game as well) played a lot, leveling in Fort Charles, wandering around, just having fun. I decided to get Unlimited Access after seeing how much I was missing out on. I played almost everyday, normally getting a notoriety level each time I played. I got up to level 27 (normally trying to catch up to Bella), before I joined the guild Spania (or Spainia as I called it). I joined only because I saw they won the strongest guild competition, and I wanted in.

I had a lot of fun with Spania, although I hated the designated ranking days, and eventually got Bella to join too. Treasurer, the Guildmaster, encouraged me to join PiratesForums. I rejected him multiple times until I gave in and agreed to join. In October 2010, I became the 79th member on the forums and learned a lot about the game. Just after joining the forums, my computer had ... issues ... and it wouldn't let me play POTCO... I was really bummed, but glad that I could still chat with my forum friends and my guild (the forums were mainly composed of Spania members). In early November, I upgraded to a Windows 7 and was able to play again. I played with my guild Spania, and enjoyed hosting many parties through the forums. It was there where I met some of my best friends, Ally, Bill O'Wrecker, Captain Star, and many other great friends, mostly who have left the game. My Spania chapter ended abruptly when I left to join Bella in a new guild, Spartans Savviest.

Bella and I only stayed in Spartans Savviest for a few days, then in spring 2011, Bella made her own guild, which I joined. It was fun and I made a few good friends, one who I especially remember, Roronoa Zoro. He was a mastered pirate who I admired for his skill and knowledge in the game. I was in my high level 30s during that time, but the guild fell apart after everyone accidently got kicked from the guild.

I then noticed that McRaging was one of the best guild for ranking on the leaderboards. Although I hated ranking, I joined to be in one of the most widely known guilds. I joined at level 40, and played alongside the mighty McRagers up til I mastered. I had a lot of fun dancing, looting, and sailing with my guild. I met many great pirates who helped me in my quests and in the game in general. Pretty Polly and Themgrind helped me learn about the game and increase my knowledge in it significantly. With the help of my McRaging friends, I found the legendary Silver Freeze and began to become a 'serious' looter.

I left McRaging after an arguement about their no glitching policy. Around this time, April 2012, I became more active on PiratesForums and became a staff member as a News Reporter and was later asked to become and Album Moderator. I met many friends who I became very close with but a few I remember most were Basil Darkratte, Jade O'HayesJames O'Martin, and John Foulroberts, all who were fun to chat with and very nice people. I hopped guilds a lot but frequently went back to new, yet short living guilds created by Bella.

After a lot of guild hopping, I went to join the guild of some of my newer friends on the forums, Masters And Skulls. Under the leadership of my friend Esmerelda Sharkfellow (now called Punkin Pie), I had a lot of fun looting and exploring the game. I found my legendary Behemoth Blade the first day I joined, and new the guild was perfect for me. I met many great friends, including Danny Rooney, Edward McTimbers, and Seahawk. We all leveled together on our lower level pirates and enjoyed fighting bosses together.

I loved my new guild and my new friends, but decided to leave the guild because I thought it was too low level based for me. I joined the Dark Archive to meet many other looters like myself such as my good friend Captain Rai and many other pirates. I really enjoyed looting with my new guildmates and learned a lot about the game's looting system. I stayed in the guild during the summer of 2012, and really enjoyed my guildmates, but I became less and less active as time went on. Bella, known as Gypsy in late 2012 mysteriously quit the game.

In the early fall, I left the Dark Archive, just because I was becoming basic and inactive and no longer really liked being in a guild. I didn't play the game much from September to December, but was active on the forums where I continued to learn about the game and talk with my many friends. I started playing again in late December, but got in a dumb arguement with Punkin Pie which caused me to remove my third pirate from Masters And Skulls, which left me torn and sad. After a few weeks of this Pie and I made up and I got Unlimited Access. I then rejoined the Masters And Skulls with Captain Redhorn to make sure I could focus on the guild and be active.

My alternate pirate joined the Emerald Regiment, and is there today, where I have learned a lot of advanced information about the game and met some really cool people. To this date, Captain Redhorn is still in the Masters And Skulls, and I have really enjoyed being alongside some of my best friends, including and some new friends including Kelly Sunratte who is a fun looter to play with.

I have always enjoyed POTCO, and I hope I continue to be able to play and meet more friends and learn more about the game as time goes on. If any of you managed to read all of that and actually care, bravo.

~ Capt RedhornScreenshot from December, 2010:View attachment 47994Screenshot from December, 2011: View attachment 47995

Screenshot from August, 2012: View attachment 47996

Screenshot from Janruary, 2013: View attachment 47997
Wow you named me when mentioning our guild, thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Back