Game Update 3.0 Class Changes Master Post

I'm glad to see commandos/mercenaries will be seeing the return of the tracer missile spam.

also how in the world is Pyrotech not going to be insanely OP in PvP!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Facedesk_by_specklesthefox-d5pvvx8.gif

The changes to Assassins sound interesting. Can hardly wait to try them out!
3 more weeks till December :woot:

Unlimited Power: Increases Strength, Presence, Aim, Cunning, Endurance, and Willpower for you and your Operation group members within 40 meters by 10%. Lasts 10 seconds.

Sounds like this will be the new bloodthirst depending on it's cooldown.

Unlimited Power: Increases Strength, Presence, Aim, Cunning, Endurance, and Willpower for you and your Operation group members within 40 meters by 10%. Lasts 10 seconds.

Sounds like this will be the new bloodthirst depending on it's cooldown.
Every class is going to have a bloodthirst like ability available to them.

Marauders have been liked for ops since like 2.0 cause of bloodthirst and now they would lose some of their overall utility
That was the problem, the other classes were not being played because they didn't have a like ability. The other abilities won't do the same as bloodthirst so there will still be a demand for them.

Despite my initial complaints about the patch which I have not yet tried in PvP. In PvE, I've enjoyed being able to have my diagnostic scan automatically set to restore energy when it crits so I don't waste points on going into it. I also like how much time this new Disciplines thing saves time in respec'ing. It now takes me less than 2 minutes to spec into the things I want and such. Very convenient. Only thing I've found to somewhat dislike is my loss of Explosive Probe and Orbital strike :( I miss being able to help damage but now that snipe is a non-crouch ability and backstab does 7-8k burst. I don't think this will be too much of an issue.

Overall, I quite like the Operative changes as they are now and I'm sure all they'll be doing in the upcoming patches is tweaking it to where it works better. (Currently when you restore KP with an SP. It takes a whole GC to restore and actually do any heals so it's a bit inconvenient if you were hoping to get continous heals) but despite that, I've not really heard any complaints from anyone in the PvP community outside of the fact they threw 55-59s into the 30-54 bracket so now lvl 30s are just getting wiped.

This patch is only a day out so there's still a lot of stuff that needs to be found out/fiddled with so we'll see how the next upcoming weeks do in the ways of bugs/class balance.

(also really proud of Bioware for being able to keep the bugs in this update to a single paragraph on the forums unlike 2.0 where it almost took up half the first page)

Back