Weapons Famed weapons are possible in the current TLOPO version.

Bort Greasegorb

Pirate Lord
This is sort of a just for fun thread, but from what I've played in TLOPO so far, I believe it is more than possible for someone to get the first famed weapon in the history of TLOPO. At first, I thought it was impossible as you have to be somewhat near a weapon's requirement level in order to loot it. For example, the Bejeweled Cutlass, one of the weaker famed weapons in the game, is usable with a level 15 sword skill. However, from what I've seen, you can get it as early as level 8 or 9. Requirements like this make it impossible for pirates with a level 1 sword skill to randomly stumble upon the Lost Sword only for it to be unusable until level 30.

With the addition of rage ghosts, it actually is possible to boost weapon skill levels. For example, just by attacking one rage ghost with critical health, I got my sword from level 1 to 3. Repeat this, and you could get a sword level high enough to get a famed weapon from fishing. I know that this is the end of semi-open alpha, but those with a key could try to pioneer an age of looting for blue letters once again. And yes, the Bejeweled Cutlass can be found from fishing, as my own game experience proved.
screenshot_2013-02-01_15-37-11.jpg

Famed dolls were sooooo hard to get, I still remember the feeling every time I looted one :)
The only time I ever used dolls was for healing pirates, usually at Foulberto, so I never cared for them. Of course, I was using my first ever famed doll for healing when I got my Blade of the Abyss.
To stay on topic with the thread, imagine if you could cast spells to help pirates fish and get in on their loot...

I kept getting Clay Dolls, Ugly dolls, and Wax dolls (I got my doll to level 4). The only other nice thing I got as far as looting for weaponry was a Duelist's Dagger on the dock of Port Royal (dagger level 2). However I tried taking a screenshot and my game crashed.. so now I just have to settle for the Wiki article lol (I wasn't around in the time of looting and weapons, so I don't know a lot about them yet. Looking forward to learning up by experience in Beta :D )
To stay on topic with the thread, imagine if you could cast spells to help pirates fish and get in on their loot...
Hahaha that'd be funny if you could heal them while they're fishing and share their loot

Finding a "blue" or even rarer "red" item in the loot chest was one of the reasons I went half crazy looting as much as I did. My inventory reflected the amount of time spend at land/ and sea looting. I cannot wait to try my luck again.

Back