Question Could not connect to TLOPO connection agent. Try again?

Nerfedar

Sea Legs
Dear TLOPO Support,

Good afternoon.

I hope you all have a good day and I hope you are taking care of yourselves.

Stay safe and stay healthy.

I am posting this thread to inform you that I cannot connect to your servers. You can find the screenshot attached below which illustrates the problem I am facing when I am trying to connect to TLOPO. The problem is "Could not connect to prod-gs-1.tlopo.com:7969. Try again?" I request support on this problem as I want to play the game.

My friends are able to connect to the game. However, when I login from the TLOPO client, I get "Could not connect to prod-gs-1.tlopo.com:7969. Try again?". I have tried deleting and reinstalling the game and I have checked the TLOPO System Status only to see that the connection agent to prod-gs-1.tlopo.com is online. I am unable to identify said problem and seek help. I have attached two other screenshots that mark the summing of my journey when I try to connect to the game.

Thank you,
Nerfedar.

Screenshot: Could not connect to prod-gs-1.tlopo.com:7969. Try again?

Attachments

• Cound not connect.jpg
    Cound not connect.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 75
  • Checking for updates.jpg
    Checking for updates.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 84
  • Loading.jpg
    Loading.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 76
Check my response on this thread:

Unfortunately, this method was not a success. I have allowed the port, and allowed TLOPO in my Firewall as well. However, I have had no luck with this.

Unfortunately, this method was not a success. I have allowed the port, and allowed TLOPO in my Firewall as well. However, I have had no luck with this.
Did you try running the game with your antivirus disabled? If it works with it disabled, you might need to add TLOPO as an exception.

I just ran the game with my Windows Firewall disabled. It still did not work and I still get the same message in the screenshot below:

1589388734392.png

I just ran the game with my Windows Firewall disabled. It still did not work and I still get the same message in the screenshot below:

View attachment 120453
Any luck? What other background internet programs are running before you try Tlopo? I've read about social network programs or other programs using ports that may match and is taken before Tlopo can get that port. Some programs set and reserve blocks of ports. Although Tlopo chose a pretty uncommon port.

Also John, would the priority of the Pirates 'launcher.exe' have any effect on this issue?

No luck. I tried it without background internet programs as well to run it but it still shows me the same message "Could not connect to prod-gs-1.tlopo.com:7969. Try again?" Moreover, I have prioritized launcher.exe/TLOPO.exe at High in task manager.

Just some general things to try:
- Redownload the launcher
- Run it in administrator mode
- Make sure your antivirus isn't blocking the process
- You've already disabled firewall, so maybe it could be an ISP issue?
- Try uninstalling and restarting your computer

Sorry if these are general things or if you've tried them, I'm hoping they might help. Another software I used also had issues with people in "obscure" countries and using a VPN helped, so that might be the problem.

I believe that the problem is that its not registering as a program correctly, since when I open uninstall programs it doesnt show there also when I finish installing it I dont get the launcher icon on my desktop automatically as before i did on other computers. Is there any way to fix this? I tried running with firewall off, anti virus everything and it still doesnt. Uninstalled like 5+ times deleted all files and it still doesnt.

Back