Best "War" Ship.

LeeFoster2

Honorable Pirate
Im not yet level 15 sailing, but what is the best war ship . 80,000 gold seems a lil crazy for the war brig, so i'm considering war galleon for cheap price and cargo room, but also maybe the war frigate. Anybody got some advice?

War Brig is the best. War Galleon is the best bang for your buck. The War Frigate is good considering its armor and the forward firing guns. The War Frigate is more of just an in-between the War Galleon and War Brig. I personally Got a War Galleon and am now saving up for a War Brig. But you can also get a Brig and then just save up for a War Brig from there as well. Both are viable options. Brig is basically the equivalent of a War sloop.

I like the War Galleon best, since I don't like sharing loot. It has those extra boardside shots that make up for one extra player being on your ship.

I like the war sloop storm chaser. In and out fast, with decent cargo and broadsides. Perfect for sailing alone or with a very small crew.

War Brig. As fast as a War Sloop with a War Galleon's broadside power and armor almost worthy of a War Frigate. It also has the most realistic hull shape, and the masts actually stand straight up and the sails face EXACTLY forwards (unlike the War Galleon and War Frigate.) It's quite a sweet looking ship with the stats to back it up.

The War Galleon and War Frigate are tied for second for me. Galleon is amazing for loot/mat runs but Frigate looks awesome and has forward guns, great for PvP naval combat.

I think the War sloop's speed should be increased about a knot (to a base of 11) since a Brig shares the base speed of 10 knots and has much better stats all around except for a higher profile. Or, let us hold 4 ships so I don't have to prioritize the War Brig over the War Sloop ;)

@LeeFoster2 - If you're interested in deciding only between War Galleon and War Frigate, go with the War Frigate. I say this simply because:
  • War Galleon is too slow
  • War Frigate has cannons positioned on the front (or stern) in contrast to War Galleon, if you are sailing with crew
Prior to Bounty Hunters and such (I'm unaware if TLOPO sailing has 'em), War Galleons served their purpose well but the sluggishness can put you in a bind if you're sailing as Captain and not focused entirely on your own surroundings.

@LeeFoster2 - If you're interested in deciding only between War Galleon and War Frigate, go with the War Frigate. I say this simply because:
  • War Galleon is too slow
  • War Frigate has cannons positioned on the front (or stern) in contrast to War Galleon, if you are sailing with crew
Prior to Bounty Hunters and such (I'm unaware if TLOPO sailing has 'em), War Galleons served their purpose well but the sluggishness can put you in a bind if you're sailing as Captain and not focused entirely on your own surroundings.
Bounty Hunters aren't in yet, and the front cannons are on the bow :p

War Brig is the perfect combination of speed, broadside count and cannons with complimentary cargo space. The ship is my preference for loot runs. If you're leaning towards a War Galleon, consider that it does have the largest cargo space and most broadsides, but the ship is incredibly slow. If you plan to use a War Galleon, be sure to have a crew that's ready to repair damages. War Sloop is another option, but I prefer this ship for SvS because it has extreme speed and is perfect for a well-leveled crew. The War Frigate is a ship that could be used for SvS and loot/mat runs, but it depends on the upgrades you give it. In terms of hull capacity, here is a simple run down:

War Sloop < War Galleon < War Frigate ~ War Brig.

-Hope it helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
what is the best war ship
To be honest, no ship is better than another overall, it just depends really on your preference and your play style; like whether you bring a crew or solo, or want speed over capacity. It just depends on you prefer to sail.

I reaches sailing lvl 15 today so I started looking at the War ships. I personally think the War Brig is the best so I'm saving up! 30k/80k saved

Back